BRP Central, Chaosium's new official online forum

Sunwolfe

This just in my mail box...

"Chaosium's new official online forum is at basicroleplaying.org

BRP Central (basicroleplaying.org) is the new official online forum for Chaosium, company president Rick Meints announced today.

"Since day one the new Chaosium team has stated that one of our core commitments is to communicate better with our tribe: our Kickstarter backers, our creatives, our players, and our fans," said Meints. "We want to listen, get your feedback, and be a part of discussing all of our games with you, the people who make Chaosium what it is, and who want to help make it better than ever before."

Please note the forums at Glorantha.com will no longer remain active. Instead, BRP Central now features a dedicated Chaosium Family of Games section, with forums for Call of Cthulhu, Glorantha, RuneQuest Gateway, BRP, Magic World, and more!"

How 'bout that? Did someone here say "communication"? Well, it looks like someone may have heard ya :-). Trifletraxor, you been holdin' out on us? 

Whatcha all think of that? I say it could be the start of something beautiful :)! Very cool.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

This will indeed bring some changes...

For one thing, MOB has started spamming all forums (even the one about unrelated discussions) with nice little pictures of the Chaosium dragon. Just in case someone did not notice :)

I would have preferred if he had spammed a RQ6 version of his Lunar Coders, or a sneak preview of the eagerly anticipated Mythic Constantinople, but okay, if you have been a BRP fan for long enough you should already be aware that "If it comes from MOB, it has to be good". Let's apply this principle to announcements, too :)

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Well, this forum's layout and design is far better that the one at Moon Design and a lot easier to use.

I hope it can remain the force for discussion that it always has been.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Sounds good to me. In my bleary, insomniac state, I interpreted the headline as meaning Chaosium was opening its own new forum. I was glad to hear of an official channel, but not thrilled at having another forum account. Having Chaosium move in here seems to provide the benefit without the drawback. 

As a tangential matter, let me take advantage of the opportunity for a welcome to BRP Central, Adam. I have read your contributions about BRP and RuneQuest on other forums with extreme interest. I see your presence here as a great resource for this board, and a positive force to strengthen its friendly tone and constructive discussion tradition.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Hmm - "official".

I Wonder what that actually means from a content and editorial policy Point of View?

No change to what exists here already. We're no longer maintaining the forums on Moon Design's glorantha.com site; instead, basicroleplaying.org will now serve as one of our primary means of communication, discussion and feedback with fans of Chaosium games. After all, this is where many of them are! Once again, many thanks to Sverre (Trifletraxor) for facilitating such a great site.

• Like 7

As a tangential matter, let me take advantage of the opportunity for a welcome to BRP Central, Adam. I have read your contributions about BRP and RuneQuest on other forums with extreme interest. I see your presence here as a great resource for this board, and a positive force to strengthen its friendly tone and constructive discussion tradition.

Thanks for the greeting. I've been playing BRP games since 1984, starting with Stormbringer, but I have never made my way over here until recently. I was lured here by the downloads section a few weeks ago, and had to register to get at it. While I was here, I was impressed with the tone of the forums. While there isn't universal agreement, everyone seems to be here because they genuinely love playing the games. 

Let me return the compliment by saying that I am a fan of your company. I expect to be pledging on Revolution D100 within the week. I should be over the damage that Delta Green has done to my finances by then. 

• Like 2

I think it's a good move consolidating the forums to this site. You tend to see the same member icons strewn around all three sites, so it might as well all be in one place to save time.

Great idea!

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"