Glorantha forum voting POLL

Trifletraxor

Glorantha discussions in one forum or split according to system?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer that all the Glorantha discussions appear in one forum or in three separate according to system used (HQ, RQ & 13thAge)

• One forum to rule them all!
    • Three subforums for HeroQuest, RuneQuest and 13th Age please!

Guest Vile Traveller

Before I misbehave over here (too), what level of Gloranthan esoterica is tolerable in this forum? I don't mean to revive the trollkin urine thread, but...

Ask Triff about the morocanth cow, Joerg. ;)

Before I misbehave over here (too), what level of Gloranthan esoterica is tolerable in this forum? I don't mean to revive the trollkin urine thread, but...

One cup a day!

Ask Triff about the morocanth cow, Joerg. ;)

People are so sensitive! Imagine reacting to an innocent got milk advertising campaign...

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

IMO Glorantha is now much bigger than HW or RQ, so I would prefer the setting itself to be system free for discussion purposes.

There is no reason why 'Rokari Sect Structure' could not turn up under the RQ subforum, or 'How To Seduce A Vingan When She's Mad' turns up under the HQ subforum; just as long as the discussions are primarily game-mechanic focused. They would probably act as advice for those wanting to achieve the same thing in a non-Gloranthan setting anyway.

However with The Guide To Glorantha and the various other publications of Gloranthan lore, it is clear to see that the setting outlives any game mechanics these days. I have a friend who has been wanting to run Glorantha with HARP Fantasy for the past few years, and others may be interested in doing it with D&D 5E ( although they should probably wait for the 13th Age version). I'm sure someone is out there running a FATE Glorantha game right now. 

So the richness of the setting may attract new devotees, even if they don't prefer to run the game in HQ or RQ mechanics.

Then there are those who no longer have any opportunities or any interest in actual roleplaying, yet love reading setting lore, such as Tolkien buffs or Hyborian fans for instance. People who just love the setting due to the richness of it and the detail contained. I think there may be a growing number of people in this category, and long threads involving game mechanics would be of little interest to them at all, and just distract from the immersiveness of the setting.

So just putting my two cents in to say I would prefer the Glorantha sub forum to be primarily setting focused and exclusive to game mechanic discussions.

Even if the discussion is about Trollkin Urine :)

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 3

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Wouldn't it be easier to use the labels, if there are system-relevant parts of the post? Three letters or numbers, and everyone knows what rules are asked for - RQG, RQ2, HQG, 13G...

Telling how it is excessive verbis

IMO Glorantha is now much bigger than HW or RQ, so I would prefer the setting itself to be system free for discussion purposes.

Then there are those who no longer have any opportunities or any interest in actual roleplaying, yet love reading setting lore, such as Tolkien buffs or Hyborian fans for instance. People who just love the setting due to the richness of it and the detail contained. I think there may be a growing number of people in this category, and long threads involving game mechanics would be of little interest to them at all, and just distract from the immersiveness of the setting.

So just putting my two cents in to say I would prefer the Glorantha sub forum to be primarily setting focused and exclusive to game mechanic discussions.

I agree completely with this. There will be plenty of rules-based discussions for running games in Glorantha using HQG and RQ (once the new RuneQuest is out) - I see those as a different thing from a discussion of the setting itself.

• Like 1

There will be plenty of rules-based discussions for running games in Glorantha using HQG and RQ (once the new RuneQuest is out).

I am guessing it is fine at this time (before the new RQ is out), in the mentioned forum, to discuss running games in Glorantha using RQ2 (original), OpenQuest, BRP, MRQx, RQ6, etc..., as some of us still use those systems (or a mix) to run games in Glorantha.

I am also guessing it will continue to be fine to do so, after the new RQ comes out.

Edited by dragonewt