Prince of Sartar. Comic

Noita

So I thought I'd start a thread here for the excellent comic, so we can discuss what's going on, announce new episodes etc.

http://www.princeofsartar.com/comic/introduction-chapter-1/

And here's a link to the thread over on rpg.net, for further reference

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?733739-Gloranthan-Web-Comic-Prince-of-Sartar

Edited by Iskallor
  • Like 2

I've bookmarked that site in the past, and keep meaning to check out that webcomic but never have gotten around to it.

How's the writing? The visual appearance is stunning; there's something about the coloring, tones and vividness, that I find very appealing.

Have they ever considered putting out a printed version, either through POD or perhaps crowdfunding through a Kickstarter?

I've bookmarked that site in the past, and keep meaning to check out that webcomic but never have gotten around to it.

How's the writing? The visual appearance is stunning; there's something about the coloring, tones and vividness, that I find very appealing.

I love the art and the depiction of Glorantha, it fits my vision so doesn't jar in anyway and I find the story easy to follow. It's not a tale that i'm 100% familiar with and i'm glad it's being told in this medium. I hope they do more like it as it's a great way to bring in new converts, compared to the (quite intimidating for some) Guide to Glorantha .

Thanks all! Although bits and pieces of the tale are going to be familiar to some, I guarantee that even the most die-hard Gloranthologist will find plenty of brand new material. 

I personally find Prince of Sartar (or right now it appears to be Princess of Esrolia) the most revelatory way Kalin and I have to explore Glorantha. We learn plenty of new things almost every page!

• Like 3

Yes. I can't see that kind of outburst ending well. I love the look the two Lunars are giving each other!

At first I thought they should surely look more shocked. But now I realise they are looking at each other with an "uh-oh, this isn't going to end well for this silly girl, oh well, we've seen it all before" kind of thing.

Bigger when their weapons are in use.

Now think about the fact that they can be abnormally stealthy (Darkness, plus lead armor that doesn't clank) and that they *prefer* to attack at night. It's no question why the folks to the North in Peloria just lump them into various categories of "horrible monster" (digijelm, krjalki). It's also clear why Yelmalio (in spite of the fact that the RQ2/RQ3 versions of the cult offered such paltry magic for direct combat) was so popular among Darkness fighters - Catseye (12 hours) plus Sunbright (15 minutes, more with Extension) could easily spell the difference between utter devastation and a slightly fair fight for a group of human warriors opposed by a troll horde.

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, I wrote a review in my blog and I interviewed the artist: Kalin Kadiev:

http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/2015/09/resena-de-prince-of-sartar-y-entrevista.html

Yes, it's in Spanish, but there's the Translate button on the right margin, and Kalin's interview can be read in English at the bottom of the page.  ;)

I hope you like it.

• Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/