Purpose of this forum

Steve

Is this forum supposed to be for discussions purely about generic HeroQuest, or is it meant for all HQ-related discussions including HeroQuest: Glorantha?

The description of the Glorantha forum includes the phrase "and the games for the setting", making it seem like the former. I'm not entirely clear, though.

I think it depends about what you want to talk about with regard to HQ:G. If you want to talk pure setting stuff, go to the Glorantha forum. If you want to talk about something involving rules, bring it here, even if it does touch on Glorantha. 

You have a point that the description including games might need to be changed. 

• Like 2

Thanks, guys, it does make sense that we talk about HQ:G (or just plain HQ) here. I just wanted to try and avoid confusion, and it would be good to clarify that in the forum descriptions.

I can see it making sense to come and ask rules questions here, in particular.

What

I view this subforum as being about HQ rules questions - primarily HQ2 and HQG, because that is what is in print.

What do people do when they want support or help with an older out-of-print version (although this might be extremely rare for HW/HQ1)?

This has been one of the original attractions and benefits regarding BRP Central; even if something is out-of-print, it can still be discussed and supported by the community.

What do people do when they want support or help with an older out-of-print version (although this might be extremely rare for HW/HQ1)?

If they have questions concerning the mechanics of HW/HQ1 then this is the closest forum for that kind of discussion, even though it'll mostly be HQ2 discussions here. If it's concerning a Glorantha supplement for one of these systems, it'll probably either appear here or in the Glorantha forum. There's no hard restrictions.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

As this forum has started to become used for rules discussions, I feel that it has been unfairly relegated to the "More from Chaosium" section. With the greatest respect to Stormbringer, I don't think that having a current Chaosium system on a par with one to which Chaosium don't have the licence isn't really a fair representation or a sensible statement of priorities.

Forget "fairness" though, there's a practical aspect to this too. Right now I'm browsing the forums on a tablet. It's hard for me to tap on the "HeroQuest" title because it's so bunched up against other links. It's also pretty hard to spot for a newcomer quickly scanning the forum list.

The spotlight a forum gets is dependent on total posts. We'll get a too long list if all are front-line forums. Stormbringer is among the "More from Chaosium" subforums because it has the least posts. The HeroQuest forum will have about the number of posts that the Stormbringer forum has once we get the content of the glorantha.com forums over, but keep the activity up and it might climb out of here! ;)

I tend to use the What's new feature, rather than going through the forums. It means I have to wade through the occasional post that doesn't really float my boat, but that's a small price to pay.

If I had to look at all the forums to see what was new, like I did on the Moon Design forums, then it wouldn't be half as useful as it is now.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I agree with this; I pretty much just use the 'New Content' link as soon as I log onto this site, and rarely trawl thru any of the other posts now. It's a great feature, and saves a fair bit of time as well

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Just shows a single screen for me. I check it once a day (occasionally every second day), and that's about right for my usage. It's nice and quick.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I filter it by weekly views, giving me around three pages of threads, and after having read up it only marks those I haven't read in bold - meaning I usually only have to deal with one page unless away for a long time. Also I usually use the next unread topic to finish all topics in a forum before going back to the new content list.