Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)

Steve

9 minutes ago, BigJackBrass said:

RuneQuest is very much hogging the limelight from now on, which is a shame. Are there really only two books pencilled in at the moment?

RuneQuest is generating the $ - from what I've read, far more than HQG.  So that's a factor along with what system writers want to use (and get paid for).

First edition HQ brought me in too, so there's some nostalgia. That said, it is pretty easy to convert things for Heroquest (and much more laborous other way around), so in a way Runequest supplements do more bang for the buck. But yeah, there are issues to being split between systems (three, in fact!).

• 2 weeks later...

From jeff's recent live stream:

-First off, he showed interest in getting the Lunar book ready sooner than later, but still probably not for a while, and mentioned that the upcoming god's book will contain a lot of info on the Lunar Way.
-There's a Kralorela manuscript that's really good but won't be published until the Nochet and Lunar books are published, because there's no reason why player characters in Dragon Pass would want to go there atm (He didn't say if there would be rules for playing as natives of those areas, but I assume it'll be the case as well).
-Mentioned the possibility of an West book, but as with above, preferably not till after a Lunar book is published.
-Because of the above, he wants to get the Nochet book released by/in 2021 because it opens up the setting as it's a sea port. (And speculation on my part, but I think it helps that there's been progress made on that already.)
-New Sartar book, judging from jeff's words, it seems to be to RQ what it's HQ counterpart was to it's game. (Also talked about it on his Q&A thread, that'll it'll be MUCH bigger than the last one and A LOT more detailed.)
-Red Strings Of Fate kickstarter is still going to be a thing (??? I didn't know about it?)
-Talked about Kallyr's Lightbringer quest on the livestream and it being a major part of the upcoming campaign book the PC's can be a part of by helping...or trying to stop.
-There's a Barbarian Town book that is on hiatus on the moment because shit went down in the author's life : (
-There is a White Bull campaign that will be ran soon for the Cult Of Chaos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, redmoongoddess said:

Red Strings Of Fate kickstarter is still going to be a thing

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

Red Strings of Fate

https://www.chaosium.com/blog/tag/Red+Thread+of+Fate

Red Thread of Fate - not Gloranthan. Off topic, but:

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

13 hours ago, redmoongoddess said:
-Talked about Kallyr's Lightbringer quest on the livestream and it being a major part of the upcoming campaign book the PC's can be a part of by helping...or trying to stop.

Now that’s an interresting scenario. Could influence the Sartar rebellion and the war in Dragon Pass in a big way. Kallyr could perhaps light the flame of Sartar... 

3 minutes ago, Franky Umathsson said:

Now that’s an interresting scenario. Could influence the Sartar rebellion and the war in Dragon Pass in a big way. Kallyr could perhaps light the flame of Sartar... 

Speaking about this part of the post quoted: Kallyr's Lightbringer quest on the livestream and it being a major part of the upcoming campaign book the PC's can be a part of by helping...or trying to stop.

About this White Bull campaign...

16 hours ago, jajagappa said:

I think this is the in-house Chaosium campaign, and that the intent was to post the live sessions in some format.

Is there any chance, in the end, to have it published either as book or as a Cult of Chaos scenario (or just a short campaign script)?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Loïc said:

Is there any chance, in the end, to have it published either as book or as a Cult of Chaos scenario (or just a short campaign script)?

I believe it's an in-house campaign playtesting Robin Laws' forthcoming Pavis & Big Rubble campaign. So it should come to publication eventually.

• Thanks 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

On 6/4/2020 at 9:30 PM, redmoongoddess said:

-There is a White Bull campaign that will be ran soon for the Cult Of Chaos.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:56 AM, jajagappa said:

I think this is the in-house Chaosium campaign, and that the intent was to post the live sessions in some format.

"Some format" such as the Cult of Chaos?

On 6/5/2020 at 10:38 PM, Loïc said:

It sounds like it's aimed at the Cult, yes...

On 6/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, Crel said:

I believe it's an in-house campaign playtesting Robin Laws' forthcoming Pavis & Big Rubble campaign. So it should come to publication eventually.

I'm pretty sure Jeff mentioned a new suite of Lunar PC's as a Chaosium House Campaign, not long ago.

That's not to say there might not be more than one "Chaosium House Campaign" -- if your business is RPG design/write/publish, lots of playtesting and "house campaigns" seems in order!  (edit: over on FB, I saw recent mention by Jeff of an in-house White Bull campaign...)

But I would presume a "White Bull Campaign" to have some overlap with a "P&BR Set," but not to be the same product.  Maybe interlinking/complementary, the way the original Pavis set was with the original Big Rubble set...?

<sigh>
I really need to clear some time to watch that 'cast!

Edited by g33k
xref FB
  • Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a comment from Jason Durall over on the FB group regarding an "Upland Marsh" book. The context was a fan asking if/when the Cult of Chaos convention scenario "Darkness at Runegate" would see official publication.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

I wonder... Is there any chance to see one of these days a GM screen suitable for HeroQuest? WIth a great original landscape from Loïc Muzy or Jon Hodgson???

I have my old HeroWars french screen (Multisim), and I love it, but I want to change the view for my players (!!!). 😉 More, through the years, I'm becoming more and more demanding with the GM side (less rules and more narrative stuff, like a map, a table of the runes, Eurmal's top 5 jokes...). So I'm currently working on a homemade screen (maybe I will present it on a post when it'll be finished), but I'm realistic: it would never match a real Chaosium product. 🙁 And if it is the opportunity to see more excellent gloranthan art (and not just extracts from the books), then great, where is my debit card??? 😵

2 hours ago, Loïc said:

More, through the years, I'm becoming more and more demanding with the GM side (less rules and more narrative stuff, like a map, a table of the runes, Eurmal's top 5 jokes...).

If you're "demanding", probably nothing will come close to a home-made GM screen... thankfully, there are a few good generic/customizable GM screens out there where you can swap your stuff in and out of the front and back. Especially since some of the things you mentioned you want on your screen might actually be campaign-specific (so from one HQ campaign to the next, you can change the map, replace the Eurmali jokes with Uz taunts, etc.)

For the front, you can print the nice looking Gods Wall from the RQG GM screen.

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

19 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

If you're "demanding", probably nothing will come close to a home-made GM screen... thankfully, there are a few good generic/customizable GM screens out there where you can swap your stuff in and out of the front and back. Especially since some of the things you mentioned you want on your screen might actually be campaign-specific (so from one HQ campaign to the next, you can change the map, replace the Eurmali jokes with Uz taunts, etc.)

For the front, you can print the nice looking Gods Wall from the RQG GM screen.

Oh... sorry for "demanding" (french mistake)... it's certainly a too strong word... 😕 I'd just like more "narrative" screens (with just one or two columns, no more, with the essential rules). This said, I do agree with you about the interests of an entirely customizable home-made screen, that's why I'm working on a 4-panels for HQ. Still, who knows? I'm sure Chaosium's artists could make a wonderful HQ Glorantha screen!!

And thanks for the Uz taunts idea, I keep it (and probably add Durulz puns...) !!! 😁

• 1 month later...

Please add to the "upcoming" RQ books:  The Dragon's Eye - A supplement to show "YGMV" with several locations, each getting different -- Varying -- treatments.

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/12553-chaosium-announces-runequest-the-dragon’s-eye-is-in-development

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

21 hours ago, Bohemond said:

Any word about the long-rumored Prax Pak?

It's still up in the OP.
The owner, @Steve, updates it periodically (last about 10 weeks ago).

I presume no new news means... well... there's no new news.  I strongly believe it will come out as a RQG book, but it's still marked as "ruleset TBD."

It's definitely on my shortlist of most-desired releases; probably only the Cults surpasses it, but then it's a multi-way tie for 2nd place...

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 3:03 PM, BigJackBrass said:

Yes, that's what I expected. Understandable, but disappointing. HQ is what made Glorantha appealing to me after decades of barely dabbling in it and it's a shame to see it sidelined (or perhaps repurposed would be a better way to put it). 

Repurposed, yeah. There really aren't too many people out there who want to play HQ, it's a failed game system, but a lot of the HQ material is quite useful for the real game. At least, it is now, with so much RQG material still in the pipeline. In a few years HQ could be given a quiet burial.

Pity. I'm still playing HQG... But I can understand the economic reasons... Then, I console myself because 1/ the Jonstown Compendiums, with QW licence, will maybe still publish HQ material. 2/ as many said in this thread, it's so easy to convert RQ to HQ...

I'm wondering: will Chaosium continue publishing Glorantha material without any system stuff (GS' King of Sartar, Glorantha Sourcebook...) ? I'm fond of this kind of books, if only for reading entertainment...

5 hours ago, Glorion said:

There really aren't too many people out there who want to play HQ, it's a failed game system, but a lot of the HQ material is quite useful for the real game.

I really like HeroQuest as a game system and it is what I run at Conventions. I also really like RuneQuest, but would happily play HeroQuest again.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I would like to see all future glorantha publications as RQ books*, because you can easily ignore the RQ stats and make up numbers to use RQ supplements for HQ, but it isn´t as easy the other way around. 

One exception: IMHO the "Dragon Rise book" that filles the gap of events of 1625 should be published as a HQ book. 

• Like 2