Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)

Steve

On 10/31/2020 at 5:42 PM, soltakss said:

That sounds like a really good tool.

Is it an online resource or does it have tables that could be published in the Jonstown Compendium?

Currently it is a desktop app, but the thought is to either make iOS app or a web app.

It is just a app to create a sequence of suggested stations with runic associations drawn from a database of archetypes.

With some advice about how to elaborate and interpret and modify for different uses, secrets, shortcuts and general shenanigans.

For local versions of greater quests, initiation quest, local heroquests for communing with the history of places to appease or strengthen local spirits and gods aspects etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2020 at 5:31 PM, Rick Meints said:

We at the Chaosium usually announce a book's definitive premier in the product lineup when layout of the final manuscript has begun. We have numerous books in the writing or editing stage, but we don't like to say "when" they will be done. We used to estimate "when" and ultimately ended up disappointing people when inevitable delays happened. We also spent a lot of effort providing "no update" on the status of these future publications, which then led to lots of "why" questions.

Please use the following table to understand why Chaosium isn't telling you when a future book will be ready:

1D10  Result
01    Author is late on finishing the manuscript
02    Editor is late on editing the manuscript
03    Artist(s) are late on delivering art
04    Art direction is taking longer than expected
05    Manuscript requires extensive rewrites
06    Art requires extensive revision or was rejected
07    Author gives up and a new author must be found
08    Artist disappears and art must be reassigned
09    Roll twice on table and combine delays sequentially
10    Roll thrice on table and combine delays sequentially

1/ It should be a 1d100 table surely?
2/ The entry for, 'A Meldik set fire to it' is missing.
3/ The entry for, 'My Dragon Snail ate it.' is missing.
4/ The entry for, 'Zorak Zoran whapped it.' is missing.

Edited by Orlanthatemyhamster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

As far as we know, is the Cults Book going to include the spells for each cult, or are they going to be separate in 'The Big Red Book of spells.'?
Is the second volume of The Cults Book, the Big Red Book of Spells?
Thanks in advance!

The Red Book of Magic is its own book, and not the second volume of the Cults slipcase set. The two volumes of the Cults book will be about 400 pages each, and just contain cults and related material.

Edited by Rick Meints
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Mark Mohrfield said:

Any news on what's being worked on right now?

It's been noted over on FB that the Starter Set is almost ready for the printers.  Also noted here:

Jeff has also noted the Sartar book on FB and that seems to be coming along well, too.

Lots of art postings for the Cults of Glorantha 2 volume set on FB, and shown here:

I believe art/layout are the main items for completing that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey guys - anyone know if the HeroQuest supplement Dragonrise is still coming? I know we've moved on to post Dragonrise in RQ, but I'm still hoping this is still in the pipeline. I do kind of doubt it though as we'd probably have to wait for HQ to be redone as QuestWorld and then a Glorantha supplement for that which i kind of doubt is going to happen. I do have Andrew Montgomery's excellent Company of the Dragon which covers similar territory but I've been waiting an awfully long time for an official Dragonrise, and if it's not coming I'll be sad...

On 4/19/2021 at 6:58 PM, mal said:

Hey guys - anyone know if the HeroQuest supplement Dragonrise is still coming? I know we've moved on to post Dragonrise in RQ, but I'm still hoping this is still in the pipeline. I do kind of doubt it though as we'd probably have to wait for HQ to be redone as QuestWorld and then a Glorantha supplement for that which i kind of doubt is going to happen.

The most recent thing that I can recall on this is the following post, which I can only assume (though I could be wrong) was referring to the book that you mention. This may of course have changed since then.

12 minutes ago, Thoror said:

About HeroQuest, I'm guessing the Big Rubble book was definitely cancelled. Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken, because I would like that book very much.

I thought always, that the Pavis and Big Rubble book (by Robin Laws) is a Runequest source book (it's listed this way in the OP). And I think Jeff mentioned in one of his latest video interviews for Chaosium, that its still in the works, but I may be wrong here ...

Edited by Oracle

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

that the Pavis and Big Rubble book (by Robin Laws) is a Runequest source book

Pavis and Big Rubble are RuneQuest source books for the 1625+ timeframe.  They are in the works.

There are no plans at this point that I'm aware of for a QuestWorlds version.  Whatever had been originally thought of or planned for that got shifted to RuneQuest.

• 1 month later...

Edit - RBOM is now (22 June) released!!!

On 6/20/2021 at 5:16 PM, littlewitchmaus said:

have there been any updates, anywhere, as far as a timeframe goes for any of the upcoming releases?

IIRC / AIUI, the "Starter Set" box is complete (so it'll be available really REALLY soon).
I *think* this is the next one expected to become available.
I may have misunderstood (or be misremembering) any or all of that.

If I'm right, it's now in the hands of 3rd-party production & assembly companies, from whence it gets shipped to Chaosium distribution partners; worldwide shipping (via container-ship) is likely the longest remaining component in our wait...

Once it's in the warehouses, Chaosium will begin actually SELLING it.

I don't think they are selling PDF's before the physical product, this time.

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 4 weeks later...

Possible update to the future product listing in the first post: Jeff mentions that he and Jon Webb are working on a Sun Dome County book:

• Like 2

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

Also not listed in the first post, "The Dragon's Eye", which Jonathan Tweet has reportedly finished the manuscript for:

https://www.chaosium.com/blogchaosium-announces-runequest-the-dragons-eye-is-in-development/

• Like 1

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

Some updates courtesy of @Jason D on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/RuneQuest/posts/2010008249175164/?comment_id=2010056065837049😞

- my reading of his post suggests that the Cults books is ahead of the Sartar Book in the queue

- Grazelands release (Chris Klug) mentioned that's not in the pinned post, but stalled

- Esrolia book mentioned, this is expanded from the Nochet book previously mentioned (Harald Smith)

- Heortland/Hendrikiland book - manuscript nearing completion, presumably this is the same as the Heortland sourcebook in the pinned post, but it would be promoted from "mentioned" to "coming later on"

• Like 2

--

• 5 weeks later...