Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)

Steve

3 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Pavis and Big Rubble will be reprinted.

This is great! I have one question though. I haven't got or read PaBR, but the other three volumes on Gloranthan classics have quite many typo-like errors left from OCR:ing, so I must assume this is the case with Volume I as well. Will this be fixed, i.e. will there be a new proofreading/error checking process and a new, revised printing based on that?

Oh, I think that leads me to a second question: Will the other Volumes be corrected and reprinted as well?

Edited by smjn
Heh, fixed a typo. :-)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, smjn said:

This is great! I have one question though. I haven't got or read PaBR, but the other three volumes on Gloranthan classics have quite many typo-like errors left from OCR:ing, so I must assume this is the case with Volume I as well. Will this be fixed, i.e. will there be a new proofreading/error checking process and a new, revised printing based on that?

Oh, I think that leads me to a second question: Will the other Volumes be corrected and reprinted as well?

OCRing is a mixed blessing. Yes, we will be correcting errors. We have a much better proofreading team now. We can't reprint Pavis and Big Rubble as is currently anyway. It was done just before printers totally switched to electronic files, so it was done using film. That film is no longer around.

We're not going to reprint some of the later volumes of the Classics until the current stock of books is exhausted. When they do get reprinted they will be updated first. 

• Like 5

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 11/20/2015, 1:52:02, Rick Meints said:

Pavis and Big Rubble will be reprinted.

I consider that an excellent question, and far from a silly one.

Any chance of a Gloranthan Classics containing the excellent RQ3 Praxian supplements? 

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Praxian? As in Strangers in Prax, River of Cradles,  and Shadows on the Borderlands? There is a very good chance that they will get reprinted, but not soon. They may get updated for the Gloranthan based RuneQuest we are working on. Chaosium's focus has to be on the current product lines.

To save some time, let me state this. Chaosium intends to get as much older stuff available again as long as we have the rights to do so. We have the rights for all RuneQuest 1 and 2 products that were published by Chaosium. We have rights to all the Gloranthan RuneQuest Products produced by Avalon Hill, including the RQ3 rulebook. We have the rights to reprint WB&RM/Dragon Pass and also Nomad Gods. It's not a matter of desire because we have the desire, it's a matter of time and resources. If someone presented us with a professionally laid out PDF of any of those older titles, we'd have it done sooner, but those aren't as easy to recreate as you might think. Creating something like the Gloranthan Classic Griffin Mountain takes hundreds of hours. We'll get there with the back catalog. 

• Like 9

Hope that Helps,

9 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

...it's a matter of time and resources...those aren't as easy to recreate as you might think. Creating something like the Gloranthan Classic Griffin Mountain takes hundreds of hours.

Could we fan-source the text-entry part? I'd be happy to type in a couple of pages of RQ3; I know that won't help with the layout, but it would at least help get lots of eyes on the text to catch errors...

• Like 1

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

On 11/22/2015, 7:32:35, Rick Meints said:

Praxian? As in Strangers in Prax, River of Cradles,  and Shadows on the Borderlands? There is a very good chance that they will get reprinted, but not soon. They may get updated for the Gloranthan based RuneQuest we are working on. Chaosium's focus has to be on the current product lines.

I would love to see this content reprinted for RQ6 rules, perhaps even reworked with content from HQ Pavis Gateway To Adventure. However, as much as I like idea of classic reprints, I agree that the way forward is to support updated or new content for the contemporary rule sets.

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

12 hours ago, Mankcam said:

I would love to see this content reprinted for RQ6 rules, perhaps even reworked with content from HQ Pavis Gateway To Adventure. However, as much as I like idea of classic reprints, I agree that the way forward is to support updated or new content for the contemporary rule sets.

I'll second the interest in reprints, or "updates" to RQ6. Either way, you publish them and you'll have my money. :-)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steve said:

Updated to add a new version of the classic Dragon Pass board game, via a Kickstarter, by Chris Klug. Confirmed today ay Dragonmeet in London by Jeff Richard.

Aaargh - Another Kickstarter I have to back!

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Guest Vile Traveller
13 hours ago, Steve said:

Updated to add a new version of the classic Dragon Pass board game, via a Kickstarter, by Chris Klug. Confirmed today ay Dragonmeet in London by Jeff Richard.

12 hours ago, soltakss said:

Aaargh - Another Kickstarter I have to back!

Godammit! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/28/2015 at 8:38 PM, Pentallion said:

So what's coming out next?

I understand the next joint Chaosium/MoonDesign kickstarter will be a reprint of "Sha naqba īmuru" cast in Babylonian mud, hand-scribed using reed stylii.

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

5 hours ago, g33k said:

I understand the next joint Chaosium/MoonDesign kickstarter will be a reprint of "Sha naqba īmuru" cast in Babylonian mud, hand-scribed using reed stylii.

Second edition, with mud from the flood of 63? And they better not be cheap Assyrian knock off stylii this time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2015 at 10:48 PM, Iskallor said:

Second edition, with mud from the flood of 63? And they better not be cheap Assyrian knock off stylii this time.

Well of course it's 2e... 1e had the older title, "Shūtur eli sharrī" and I don't think they have a clean scan of it.  OCR left a very-partial document.  Maybe it'll be a stretch goal, like the RQ1 PDF?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...

The Gloranthan Classic Pavis and Big Rubble may get reprinted, but it just isn't a priority at the moment. It's not a matter of just getting a printer to print another batch. The files would have to be redone. It was printed via film, not PDFs. If you really want a softcover printed copy of it, I have a few extras in my private reserve vault. NO Hardcovers though. Privately message me if interested.

• Like 2

Hope that Helps,

That's a shame, I have only two titles of Gloranthan Classics in hardcover - Griffin Mountain and Cult Compendium. I planned on eventually getting the Borderlands & Beyond and Pavis & Big Rubble books at some stage to complete the set in big hardcover format.

But I can see why they are not priorities at present.

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

1 hour ago, Rick Meints said:

The Gloranthan Classic Pavis and Big Rubble may get reprinted, but it just isn't a priority at the moment. It's not a matter of just getting a printer to print another batch. The files would have to be redone. It was printed via film, not PDFs. If you really want a softcover printed copy of it, I have a few extras in my private reserve vault. NO Hardcovers though. Privately message me if interested.

Pity. P&BR is the only Classic I still need in HC, and the one I wanted the most. 

10 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The Gloranthan Classic Pavis and Big Rubble may get reprinted, but it just isn't a priority at the moment.

That's a shame, but entirely understable with all the other classic PDFs that need preparing, along with new HQ releases and other stuff that Chaosium is doing. I've updated the post accordingly.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2016 at 2:14 PM, Rick Meints said:

Wait...you have a private reserve vault??? :)

• Like 2