Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I approved all the proofs for both the GSB and the 13G book over two weeks ago. The books are currently being printed and bound.

They should both be available at Gen Con, if not a fair number of weeks earlier. It's really down to shipping and customs.

• Like 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

There seems to be an awful lot of Glorantha stuff in the pipeline, I think there were over 20 supplements planned.

Good news for me, bad news for my bank account.

• Like 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 5/25/2018 at 8:00 PM, Rick Meints said:

I approved all the proofs for both the GSB and the 13G book over two weeks ago. The books are currently being printed and bound.

Please could you make those PDFs available on chaosium.com? The versions currently available for download haven't changed for a while (e.g. still containing the p.11 and p.154 obscured text issues). Thanks.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2015 at 1:01 PM, Steve said:

HeroQuest publications

Non-Gloranthan HQ genre packs - Ian Cooper

This entry seems to be a bit odd, especially with respect to the title of the thread ... 😉

My first thought was, that it should appear in this thread:

But this thread does contain available HeroQuest (non-gloranthan) publications only, so it is not the correct thread too ...

Seems we're missing a thread for upcoming (non-gloranthan) HeroQuest publications ...

Disappeared from the radar/MIA?

Glorantha Bestiary - Pete Nash

This one may be obsolete with the upcoming RuneQuest Bestiary ...

Edited by Oracle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all.

I'm sort of new to this board (although, I suspect I had an account under an old ad now defunct email account).

2 questions - firstly, how's the new cults book looking? Given that RQ basically revolves around the whole idea, I thought it would be an important book to be printing. And, hopefully, will include a variety of heroquesting material...

Secondly, in the main book, there are references to a "Runequest Gamemaster's Guide". I have only just purchased the PDF of the GM's Pack (and I'm having problems dl'ing it), but it doesn't appear to cover some of what's referred to... On Chaosium's products page, such a book does not exist (with this title).  Would someone please clarify?

Thx

1 hour ago, Shiningbrow said:

firstly, how's the new cults book looking? Given that RQ basically revolves around the whole idea, I thought it would be an important book to be printing. And, hopefully, will include a variety of heroquesting material...

The last I heard, it was nearing completion and awaiting artwork.

1 hour ago, Shiningbrow said:

Secondly, in the main book, there are references to a "Runequest Gamemaster's Guide". I have only just purchased the PDF of the GM's Pack (and I'm having problems dl'ing it), but it doesn't appear to cover some of what's referred to... On Chaosium's products page, such a book does not exist (with this title).  Would someone please clarify?

This is a new book and is still being written, as far as I am aware.

Normally, Chaosium don't tell us when something will be out until they have a firm date they can meet and things only appear on the Product page when it is available.

Don't forget the various supplements "Coming Soon" or "Coming Next Year" that appeared in various Chaosium publications way back when. heroQuest was coming "Next Year" for over 20 years, I think. That's one reason why Chaosium won't commit until they know something is ready to go.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Akhôrahil said:

Basically this appears to be a campaign to be provided with the Swedish edition of the Introduction box (with downsized rules, szenarios, dice) expanded by a campaign that leads the players from Dragon Pass into Fronela.

I suppose that it is possible to play a campaign on the Janube without delving too deep into New Idealist Hrestolism, as there is plenty material in the Guide to play with.

@Jeff - how much editorial oversight/insight into the Glorantha factoids will you have?

Is a translation into English possible, or do I have to buckle up my Swedish to get this?

In case no English translation is planned, would a German translation be ok?

• Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

6 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Basically this appears to be a campaign to be provided with the Swedish edition of the Introduction box (with downsized rules, szenarios, dice) expanded by a campaign that leads the players from Dragon Pass into Fronela.

I'm not sure it's exactly a campaign in the introductory box, but it seems there will be Fronelan material. Full campaign as multi-part publications later.

Edited by Akhôrahil

On 4/2/2019 at 5:15 AM, Shiningbrow said:

... Firstly, how's the new cults book looking? Given that RQ basically revolves around the whole idea, I thought it would be an important book to be printing. And, hopefully, will include a variety of heroquesting material...

The manuscript is complete.  I don't know if further proof'ing / editing, or any "2nd Draft" or similar, is still planned; or if a "tribal edit" pass is comtemplated; or if it's felt to be a ready-for-the printer ms.

Chaosium is working on the art & layout now.  No ETA has been given.

70some dieties, including some sub-cults.  Planned as a 2-volume set, last I knew:  1 volume of PC-centric deities, 1 volume of Chaos and evil NPC/GM deities.

I believe "Heroquesting" rules are going into the GM's Book, not the Deities book; and speaking of which ...

On 4/2/2019 at 5:15 AM, Shiningbrow said:

... Secondly, in the main book, there are references to a "Runequest Gamemaster's Guide". I have only just purchased the PDF of the GM's Pack (and I'm having problems dl'ing it), but it doesn't appear to cover some of what's referred to... On Chaosium's products page, such a book does not exist (with this title).  Would someone please clarify?

As per the wisdom of @soltakss, this book us still being written.

The draft ms. seemed to be quite far advanced, last time Chaosium discussed it, but I expect a non-trivial amount of work remains (and even then, art and layout will also take time!).

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2015 at 4:01 AM, Steve said:

... SNIP ...

Some updates?

There is a new book coming that I don't see... "Pegasus Plateau," very-short adventures, combats, "situations," locations, etc.  Intended to be drop-in content for, e.g. "an hour of play after a full session of char-gen," or "need a substantive NPC here, quick," or the like.

I'm unclear if the "Dragon Pass Campaign" is still a campaign, or if there's another DP "adventures" book happening.  I understand it to be a collection of adventures written by many different authors, not a linked "campaign" per se.  Or is the "Adventures" book and the "Campaign" book different things???

Gods' War is AFAIK available now.

The Quickstart is available in PDF & hardcopy (but may need to be PoD'ed?)

Gods of Glorantha & Gods of Chaos are (as I understand it) now about 70 long-form cults coming as "Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha" -- likely Vol's I & II.

Borderlands & RQ Companion are still on your list of "will come" PDF's, but Chaosium has the PDF's available now!

C'es ne pas un .sig

12 hours ago, g33k said:

Some updates?

Thanks for the nudge. I've made some updates. However, the Quickstart in the post is the upcoming Glorantha Quickstart, not the existing RQ Quickstart.

Edited by Steve

• 3 weeks later...

The new Cults book, Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha, is up to 100 cults in long-form write-up, confirmed as 2 volumes.

NEW !!!  - Red Book of Magic, an encyclopedia of all canonical Rune & Spirit spells.

Both those (3 volumes total) will be at 2019 GenCon in a rough format (text only, no art, no layout, editing may be incomplete, etc).

I'm almost-certain that I read it SOMEWHERE -- but cannot now find to cite; help anyone? -- that both nuTrollpack-1-2-3 & Nochet are confirmed as being for the RQG ruleset.

Given RQG's status as a "Pillar of Chaosium" (by which I assume they mean demonstrated revenue-generation, and associated plans for writing/dev & produced titles serving the cash customer-service), I suspect most or all of that "rule system TBD" list is destined for the RQG column.  I continue to think that a dual-stat or triple-stat (with HQ:G and/or 13G) supplement might be a worthwhile project for Chaosium!  In addition to selling into all 3 markets, it might cross-pollinate players into buying new corebooks for the new systems.

• Like 4

C'es ne pas un .sig

50 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

The Nochet material is definitely RQG.

<ahem>
Pay no attention to the growing puddle lapping at your robes; that's not the coming flood, but my drooling anticipation...

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2015 at 4:01 AM, Steve said:

The Dragonrise, the “offstage” material from The Eleven Lights, for HQG - Ian Cooper

Will this book include options for the players to take the spot of doing canonical deeds that were "canonically" done by Argath and company? Or will they be forced to sit on the side while the "cool" npcs do all of the cool stuff? The same exact thing that EVERYONE criticized about the metaplots in the Forgotten Realms and nearly every other popular rpg setting in the 90's?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 8:37 AM, g33k said:

The new Cults book, Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha, is up to 100 cults in long-form write-up, confirmed as 2 volumes.

Have just shared a sneak peek @Jeff recently gave of some awesome art from this work in the RuneQuest forum:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Redmoongodess said:

Will this book include options for the players to take the spot of doing canonical deeds that were "canonically" done by Argath and company? Or will they be forced to sit on the side while the "cool" npcs do all of the cool stuff? The same exact thing that EVERYONE criticized about the metaplots in the Forgotten Realms and nearly every other popular rpg setting in the 90's?

The short answer is -hopefully- yes, no & yes!?!

Let's just hope that it will eventually get published... & for HQ:G!  It might unfortunately very well be absorbed in the RQ:RiG so-called "RuneQuest Campaign" aka "Grand Argrath Campaign" project which should cover the time between 1602 & 1655 (Fall of the Red Moon).

On 9/1/2019 at 1:23 AM, Christoph Kohring said:

It might unfortunately very well be absorbed in the RQ:RiG so-called "RuneQuest Campaign" aka "Grand Argrath Campaign" project which should cover the time between 1602 & 1655 (Fall of the Red Moon).

Wait, is there really going to be a Grand Argrath Campaign for RQG similar to the Pendragon one, or is this just rumour and speculation at this time?