Are the goddesses boring and the female heroes losers?

Khelbiros

Have you checked? I wouldn't dare...

A mouth-to-mouth wasn't that risky...

I had two freeform characters going the sacrificial king routine happily, and there are myths that have attractive versions of Maran. Plus, Maran is a mother goddess skipping the parthenogenesis part. The Illaro dynasty's Sorana Tor wasn't that bad.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

I wonder where you got the idea that Vingans is "virginal" by the way. They're not. Like...at all.

Orlanthi women elect to become Vingans in different ways: on initiation and sometimes in war. There's a reference to many women dying their hair red, the mark of the Vingan, after some of the tribes of Sartar lost many of their male warriors in fighting the Lunars.

Orlanthi women aren't passive: Ernalda's 'There is always another way' seems to contrast with Orlanth's 'Violence is always an option' but it is simply less direct. In a clan vote on a Weaponstake, any woman with a meat cleaver, sowing kit and pot can vote. Note also how many Queens there are and have been of Sartarite tribes, a role that is rarely without conflict.