School me on the Changes to the Malkioni

smiorgan

1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

It’s rather like Erotocomatose Lucidity, but without any naughty bits involved. And you can get there by yourself without going blind.

When I read the Book of Glorious Joy I was disappointed that it wasn't about Succubi.

• Haha 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

There's a concept in Orthodox Christianity called "Foolishness for Christ", which, put simply, is the idea that certain behaviours we today might consider as mentall illness or irrational, are actually due to certain people being closer in contact with the divine, and more radically choosing to live their life according to the influence of that. 

Now, it's no equivalent, but the way I see Joy is more this kind of lasting, profound mental change that alters one's perception of oneself and one's relation to the All, and this manifests in what others might perceive as euphoria, but perhaps just as importantly a strong sense of motivation, drivenness and, eh, eudaimonia, for lack of a better term. For the uninitiated they might also come off as utterly bonkers.

Maybe this is a completely wrong take on it.

• Like 1