Mythos in Space Scenarios or Campaign for 7e

AJ The Ronin

I know that Cthulhu through the Ages have a chapter and a few months back there was a Kickstarter (Strange Aeons) for a Sci-Fi 7e setting but it got cancelled. 

Chaosium plans to update Cthulhu Raising (or expand the CttA stuff)? Is there a 3rd party tackling something like this?

Thanks in advance for your answers. 

3 hours ago, nclarke said:

Why? it's not as if it's 6e. It's BRP pure and simple so you can continue playing with the BGB.

Selfish reasons obviously. :)

As unpopular as it is I'm favoring CoC7 over the Gold Book and I'm trying to keep my gaming under one system (trying to control my gaming ADD). I know it's not the norm, but like I said "selfish reasons".

• 2 months later...

Strange Aeons has a space adventure if I recall plus there could be things in Atomic Age Cthulhu or Blood Brothers I/II as well as the 2nd Strange Aeons book is highly recommended for fun out of time settings. For the sci-fi setting, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a chapter in the upcoming Pulp Cthulhu book for letting players get on a rocket to the stars to find that the stars have teeth & are hungry.

14 minutes ago, ReignDragonSMH said:

I would think space would do well with its own specific detailed book. Isolation and the confines of space travel would add a layer terror that I don't think you can get in just one chapter, no matter how well written. 

Then you really should read Cthulhu Icarus. It manages to do it.

9 hours ago, K Peterson said:

Worlds of Cthulhu, issue 2, had a Mythos-in-Space scenario called "The Icarus Project". It was for 6th edition, though, and the magazine is out-of-print. Here are details on the scenario; spoilers/Keeper-info included!

Would be great if drivethrurpg got a hold of the 6 issues of this that I know of. Such great content & still hunting for a few issues myself. Thanks for the link :)

I loved Cthulhu Rising and really wanted to see this flushed out with realistic artwork and placed in a Traveller 2300AD universe.  I am really surprised that Mongoose did not make an attempt to snap him up and pull him over when the monographs could easily translated into Traveller 2D6 mechanic and T5 gives us a SAN mechanic...

His website went dead after a while...do we know if he is still writing for CR or did all his energy go into River of Heaven?

• 3 weeks later...

I remember back when I first got into Call of Cthulhu I was excited about the dribbles and drabs of news coming out about Pagan Publishing's End Times concept - the Old Ones have come back to Earth, and the player characters are residents of the off-world colonies on Mars which are hunkering down and trying to weather the storm. Never came to fruition, sadly, though at least we got the monograph of notes for it.

3 hours ago, Mike M said:

Hi

I believe the "Cthulhu Icarus" referred to by cjbowser is the one in Chaosium's Cthulhu Through The Ages. The scenario in Worlds of Cthulhu has a similar name "The Icarus Project" but is not the same material.

Mike is correct. I was referring to the piece in Cthulhu Through the Ages. I forgot about the Worlds of Cthulhu one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2016 at 2:47 AM, Mike M said:

Hi

I believe the "Cthulhu Icarus" referred to by cjbowser is the one in Chaosium's Cthulhu Through The Ages. The scenario in Worlds of Cthulhu has a similar name "The Icarus Project" but is not the same material.

So, what is Cthulhu Icarus and what is it based on? Did it originate in some 6e product that CTTA converted to 7e, or was it created whole-cloth for CTTA?

I've found very little details on it, and have no desire to purchase CTTA. A Review of CTTA that I found references Worlds of Cthulhu, apparently incorrectly.

• Like 1

Ok...it is sleeping but I still would want to see a lavishing beautiful sourcebook dealing with the CR universe which could have fast forward element of Icarus Rising within it.

Essentially, slow boats (STL) sent out from Earth to colonize nearby systems.  A discovery of an artifact beyond Pluto's orbit allows for FTL but not without a cost.  And, what mankind finds out beyond 50 ly radius is lots of dead worlds.  Beyond that strange aliens.  And, beyond that the unknown.  A very nice hard compact SF universe.  With lots of ruins where the Old Ones once resided.  Most of the 1920s scenarios could be retooled for this purpose but with added peril like Vacc Suit leaks and meteor storms along with countless other SF tropes.

The secret would be keep it very hard...

On 19 February 2016 at 9:27 PM, K Peterson said:

So, what is Cthulhu Icarus and what is it based on? Did it originate in some 6e product that CTTA converted to 7e, or was it created whole-cloth for CTTA?

I've found very little details on it, and have no desire to purchase CTTA. A Review of CTTA that I found references Worlds of Cthulhu, apparently incorrectly.

Cthulhu Icarus in Cthulhu Through The Ages is an original piece written specifically for that book. It includes details for creating investigators for the setting, information on the setting and a range of scenario ideas for the crew of the Icarus.