Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lou Goncey

Any update on AEON?

14 posts in this topic

We are currently bashing out the previous experience systems - there are two, one quick and simple and one a life path system that will build your character background as you go. The end result, however, will be similar so that characters from either route will be able to adventure together.

Unfortunately my co-writer is also a Traveller buff, and Mongoose have chosen this moment to release their 2nd edition playtest documents ... thanks, Matt - not! ;)

It will be out when it's out - although A:c is minimalist we need to make sure it meshes seamlessly with A:e, so we have to generate a lot of the advanced sub-systems at the same time.

Edited by Vile

Not a bit of it. Unless future news tell us that RQ7 will be a series of different settings using a modular universal minimalist D100 system. ;)

Edited by Vile
2 people like this

I'm asking Matt to hurry up with the Mongoose Traveller 2 play test so my writing partner can get back to A:e!  :P

Edited by Vile

Any new updates? ETA? Or has the project been halted?

The project creeps forward at a glacial pace! This was foreseen, as there are a lot of issues that have to be resolved "behind the scenes". AEON:core™ is a tiny game, but in order for it to fit into the AEON:engine™ modular systems and settings the latter have to be developed, at least in functioning framework format (or FFF as we like to call it here). So, it will be a wile yet until something more solid begins to make its appearance, but it has not halted. :)

Edited by Vile
1 person likes this

Just checking in on any information about how AEON is coming along. Not to be a nag -- just genuinely interested...

Currently working on a new direction for the base fantasy game, tentatively called AEON:mageword.

Edited by Vile

Posted (edited)

Nothing newsworthy - a lot of refinement has gone in, but it's still in draft form. "It" being AEON:mageworld™.

The BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules Art Kickstarter is on schedule but keeping me pretty busy for the rest of this year. In 2017 I will prioritise the AEON:engine™ side of things.

Edited by Vile
1 person likes this

On 14.6.2017 at 10:03 AM, Vile said:

The BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules Art Kickstarter is on schedule but keeping me pretty busy for the rest of this year. In 2017 I will prioritise the AEON:engine™ side of things.

Do you mean in 2018 you will prioritize AEON, or will you be able to do both in 2017?

Oops, you're right, Triff. :P