Any update on AEON?

We are currently bashing out the previous experience systems - there are two, one quick and simple and one a life path system that will build your character background as you go. The end result, however, will be similar so that characters from either route will be able to adventure together.

Unfortunately my co-writer is also a Traveller buff, and Mongoose have chosen this moment to release their 2nd edition playtest documents ... thanks, Matt - not! ;)

It will be out when it's out - although A:c is minimalist we need to make sure it meshes seamlessly with A:e, so we have to generate a lot of the advanced sub-systems at the same time.

Edited by Vile
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The project creeps forward at a glacial pace! This was foreseen, as there are a lot of issues that have to be resolved "behind the scenes". AEON:core™ is a tiny game, but in order for it to fit into the AEON:engine™ modular systems and settings the latter have to be developed, at least in functioning framework format (or FFF as we like to call it here). So, it will be a wile yet until something more solid begins to make its appearance, but it has not halted. :)

Edited by Vile
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Nothing newsworthy - a lot of refinement has gone in, but it's still in draft form. "It" being AEON:mageworld™.

The BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules Art Kickstarter is on schedule but keeping me pretty busy for the rest of this year. In 2017 I will prioritise the AEON:engine™ side of things.

Edited by Vile
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14.6.2017 at 10:03 AM, Vile said:

The BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules Art Kickstarter is on schedule but keeping me pretty busy for the rest of this year. In 2017 I will prioritise the AEON:engine™ side of things.

Do you mean in 2018 you will prioritize AEON, or will you be able to do both in 2017?

• 2 years later...

It's not been scrapped, nor is it really in development any more. Writing and playtesting on AEON:underworld™ is pretty much complete, now it just needs time to turn it into publishable form. Unfortunately (?) I've been a victim of the success of BLUEHOLME™, so all A:e projects have had to go to the back of the queue. Luckily I should have considerably more time on my hands from 2021 onwards*, so there may be some movement on this then.

* Boring Real Life Update: Running a degree programme with 200 undergraduates takes too much of my time, and doing it in Hong Kong over the last year has been "interesting" to say the least. All of this will come to an end later this year when I pseudo-retire and leave this part of the world behind.

Edited by Vile
  • Thanks 1
On 1/12/2020 at 10:31 PM, Vile said:

.... All of this will come to an end later this year when I pseudo-retire and leave this part of the world behind.

Oh, noes!!!

Does this mean Trif may have to move this subforum out of the "Inactive" group???!?

;-D

On 1/17/2020 at 2:37 PM, g33k said:

Oh, noes!!!

Does this mean Trif may have to move this subforum out of the "Inactive" group???!?

I may have worded that somewhat obscurely. What I mean is that the basic fantasy game (AEON:underworld) is finished, but it will be a year or so before I can put it into publishable form.

I too may have been unclear.

What I meant was that, at some point, this forum may become much more active, and no longer "Inactive" (due to the dev having updates, beta players & playtesters having comments, etc).

Would your departure y from "that part of the world" perhaps mark such a juncture?

Edited by g33k
F'ing autocorrect
  • Haha 1