RuneQuest 2 reprint

Missiletoebass

On 11/28/2015, 1:46:39, MOB said:

Note, HIGH PRIESTS and RUNE PRIEST-LORDS also receive all achieved Stretch Goal related PDFs for free.

Well, right, but General Panic was saying that he "do[es]n't really put a value on pdf's", so he presumably considers free PDFs to be meaningless/of no value.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎27‎:‎49, General Panic said:

I've never done a kickstarter before and will back this one. But as I don't really put a value on pdf's (I like physical), I'm a bit unsure what the implications are - looks like for printed product the top tiers effectively don't offer you anything more than rune-lord priest at $250 - so the volumes of collected unpublished material are effectively being priced at $800. Is that right or am I missing something?

In effect you are paying $750 - $800 more than the Rune Lord-Priest for two to three hardback books of unpublished material. I take it by inference that this is also an unspoken way of supporting Chaosium / Moon Design by giving funds for their RQ revival / attempt at world domination.

21 minutes ago, nDervish said:

Well, right, but General Panic was saying that he "do[es]n't really put a value on pdf's", so he presumably considers free PDFs to be meaningless/of no value.

Please note, when you buy the PDF of any stretch goal book you also get that amount credited towards the purchase of the printed book. For example, the "Plunder" PDF is $5. If you purchase the PDF you will get a $5 credit you can use towards the purchase of the printed Plunder book from Chaosium when it is printed later in 2016. Thus, if it ends up having a retail price of $15, you'll be able to purchase the printed book from Chaosium for $10.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MOB said:

Please note, when you buy the PDF of any stretch goal book you also get that amount credited towards the purchase of the printed book. For example, the "Plunder" PDF is $5. If you purchase the PDF you will get a $5 credit you can use towards the purchase of the printed Plunder book from Chaosium when it is printed later in 2016. Thus, if it ends up having a retail price of $15, you'll be able to purchase the printed book from Chaosium for $10.

Does this hold true for the top tiers? So, in this example, a High Priest will only pay $10 for Plunder from Chaosium?

19 minutes ago, jongjom said:

In effect you are paying $750 - $800 more than the Rune Lord-Priest for two to three hardback books of unpublished material.

As mentioned, the top tier backers also get all stretch goal-related PDFs at no cost (which now includes Cults of Prax!)

I have a question (or two) on character sheets ...

Will the character sheets included in RQ classic reprint be an exact reproduction of the Sapienza sheets of RQ2?  

And most importantly, will the snake sheet be included?

We need more snake sheets. 

P.S.

Did you know that in Italian Sapienza means wisdom, learning or lore? It was great to play with the sheet of lore!

The top backers are getting a special "thank you" reward for their generous patronage. That backer level isn't just about the value of each specific item, it's about their belief in the project and their support of what we are trying to do.

The chart below is not official just yet, as we are making sure it has no typos or mistakes. If you spot any, please let me know.

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 9.59.02 AM.png

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

12 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

The top backers are getting a special "thank you" reward for their generous patronage. That backer level isn't just about the value of each specific item, it's about their belief in the project and their support of what we are trying to do.

The chart below is not official just yet, as we are making sure it has no typos or mistakes. If you spot any, please let me know.

Does this mean the top tier gets copies of both the Hardback and Leatherette books - or a typo?

1 hour ago, Rick Meints said:

Is there any chance of having a level that has all the PDFs but not the hardcopies?

I no longer buy hardcopy but would like to get the PDFs. I know that I can up my pledge to include the PDFs, but I am not sure how much each PDF costs, so it is difficult.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

130K - SoloQuest Collection is unlocked (btw, Gateway players, none of the three SoloQuests are particularly Gloranthan)! Next stretch goal - the legendary and eagerly anticipated Griffin Mountain, one of the greatest sandbox campaigns ever published, by Chaosium or anyone else...6 days to go...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224590870/runequest-classic-edition

a253b986d0f306c81688cda741e484c3_origina

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1