Genert's sons

Noita

• 3 weeks later...

I remember reading somewhere that the Blind King's Palace in the Big Rubble was so-named because the king who ruled there had owned Tada's Wig, which was essentially a huge toupee that rendered the wearer very powerful with lost fertility magic from the Green Age but basically unable to see out from under it.  Is anyone able to shed more light on this weird rumour?

18 hours ago, Darius West said:

I remember reading somewhere that the Blind King's Palace in the Big Rubble was so-named because the king who ruled there had owned Tada's Wig, which was essentially a huge toupee that rendered the wearer very powerful with lost fertility magic from the Green Age but basically unable to see out from under it.  Is anyone able to shed more light on this weird rumour?

I've never heard of this, and so am interested in the source. The real version from Greg has nothing to do with a toupee and much more to with:

11 hours ago, Iskallor said:

Sounds like his Merkin ;)

Tada's Loincloth contains the lost fertility of Prax, but was lost before the Dawn. There's a glimpse of what the loincloth is about in this post http://basicroleplaying.org/topic/5093-praxian-history/?page=3 Tada's Tent. Another of his grisly portions is linked to the loincloth - his Leadwood Club. The club is of course an important part of his genitals as is the loincloth. The club is his penis and the loincloth his testicles and scrotum. That's why it's important to find the Loincloth as the club is useless without it. The club is all show and ineffective at it's real job, but many khans don't see that as a problem.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

As a side note, not specifically on the issue of Glorantha, but pertinent to this double raising of merkins, people don't seem to be aware of quite how unsavoury merkins actually were.  People hear "pubic wig" and giggle, but in fact merkins were pretty evil things.  You see they were used to hide the visible signs of syphilis so that the merkin wearer could get service in brothels and therefore infect the prostitutes, and of course then the prostitutes would infect the rest of the clients who would probably go on to infect their spouses. My understanding is that merkins were pioneered by the Hungarian nobility under another name, but I don't know what it is because I am not fluent in Hungarian.

To distinguish between giants, perhaps we could use the Gods War terminology and refer to Genert (and Pamalt) as Titans?

I think Peter is on to something with Generts rune being Power. The Power rune is really about social power - Pamalts big power is to convince everyone else to act together. It is true that the Rune doesn't seem to have any relevance to Genertela. But perhaps this is because Genert is dead, and so the Power is absent, so the gods fell to squabbling rather than acting together (even the enemies of Pamalt like the elves and trolls and Artmali would act together with him when necessary) and so that is why Genertela is regularly ripped apart by War, and Pamaltela is not? Which is not to say that Pamaltela does not have wars - but they all come from external sources, ultimately. 

• Like 2