Looking for a one off or One Shot scenario

heathd666

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it!

so I have been browsing through the monographs and various Call of Cthulhu books available at rpgnow and have yet to find one that fits my needs. I am looking for a scenario with pre gens that is a good introduction into the Call of Cthulhu world with some fighting, investigation, and of course suspense. all of it within a 4 hour session. I know it seems like a lot but any help would be appreciative. either my google fu skills are lacking or there just any thing like that written into the descriptions of most of the books.

thanks in advance

This might be helpful

http://www.unboundbook.org/?p=82

And this thread at EN World. 

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?318623-Recommend-a-Call-of-Cthulhu-One-Shot

My recommendation is to find someone's Convention module. They are designed to run in 3 to 5 hours and very well may have pregens. If not you might be able to find pre gens and the adventure separately. 

Its 2300hrs, do you know where your super dreadnoughts are?

http://reigndragonpressblog.blogspot.com/

Dead Light is good for a one shot introduction, although it does not come with pre-gen PCs (you could use the ones provided in the Investigator Handbook though). 

Mr. Corbitt from Mansions of Madness (again you'll need to create PCs or use ready made ones)

Using the quick roll-up method for PC generation (in both the 7e Rulebook and Investigator Handbook) with the PDF Investigator Sheet (free download from chaosium.com) means you can have a bunch of PCs ready in next to no time.

• Like 3

I ran "The Edge of Darkness" last month for two players, and we easily completed it within a 4-hour session. (I think it took about 3 hours). A good time was had by all.

The scenario itself doesn't have pregens, but depending on the edition of CoC you're using, the core book should have some pregens that you can utilize.

• 1 month later...

A bit late getting to this but there are a lot of good one shots in the stuff from Golden Goblin Press, Bumps in the Night by Pagan Publishing, many of the halloween collections on Chaosium & out of all the Secrets books I have, Secrets of San Fransisco is loaded with scenario seeds & a handful of fun scenarios. I'd recommend Blood Brothers also but there are some of the earlier scenarios where the adventure might be okay but the NPCs/Player characters are just junk & the Keeper needs to just keep the core profession/details & redo them.