RQ Classic Kickstarter Update

MOB

48 hours in and the RuneQuest Classic Kickstarter is heading towards 80K - at that point the RuneQuest Companion Stretch Goal gets unlocked!

So far, we've already reached the Stretch Goals for the classic supplements Fangs, Apple Lane, Snakepipe Hollow, RuneMasters & Plunder.

...And there are still many more exciting Stretch Goals to come, so if you haven't pledged already, please do! 

RQCKS copy.jpg

Edited by MOB
  • Like 3

0p45:-PThe Old School Sourcepack looks interesting, but as an add-on it appears to be available only as Print&off for $50. 

I would love to see it be made available as just pdf for a reduced rate because $50 is rather pricey               

• Like 1

Clearly, "what I like" is awesome, and a well-considered, educated opinion. While "what other people like" is stupid, and just a bunch of made up gobbledygoook. - zomben

Victor of the "I Bought, We Won"

The Old School Sourcepack looks interesting, but as an add-on it appears to be available only as Print&off for $50. 

I would love to see it be made available as justoff for a reduced rate because $50 

Clearly, "what I like" is awesome, and a well-considered, educated opinion. While "what other people like" is stupid, and just a bunch of made up gobbledygoook. - zomben

Victor of the "I Bought, We Won"

2 hours ago, Psychman said:

The Old School Sourcepack looks interesting, but as an add-on it appears to be available only as Print&off for $50. 

I would love to see it be made available as justoff for a reduced rate because $50 

Did you see an extra unpublished adventure by Greg Stafford just got added to it, for no extra cost? - http://basicroleplaying.org/topic/4180-new-old-greg-stafford-adventure-the-sea-cave/?do=findComment&comment=64679

Isn't this already in contemporary publication, compiled alongside Cults of Terror under one cover, the Cult Compedium, in the Gloranthan Classics line?

The material is excellent, but I thought it was all still in print

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

15 minutes ago, Mankcam said:

Isn't this already in contemporary publication, compiled alongside Cults of Terror under one cover, the Cult Compedium, in the Gloranthan Classics line?

The material is excellent, but I thought it was all still in print

All and more is contained in the Cults Compendium. The main value of having physical copies of the RQ2 cults books will be having the cool cover art and the ease of actually holding the blooming item.

Also the CC always felt a bit cobbled together rather one organised, balanced whole book. We're waiting on Moon Design's Gods of Glorantha for that.

Guest Vile Traveller

Check out the FAQ under the Kickstarter for the differences between the Gloranthan Classics and these reprints: 

That really depends on each of the Classics. Here's the basics, followed by a little about each of the four Classics books.

The Stretch Goal books will be much closer to the original 2nd edition books that came out from 1978-1983. They will have the original covers, no new art, etc. Some people want just a nice copy of the original book that will last, without paying collector prices for an original.

The Gloranthan Classics:

Pavis & Big Rubble has been out of print for over 5 years. Yep, even the reprint is out of print. It came out in 1999. We actually can't reprint it as is right now because it was done on film. We don't have PDFs to just send to the printer and get more done. A lot of the art used was fixed by the printer and they didn't save those files, so we have to clean up the art to reprint it. We want to get it back into print, thus the stretch goals. 

Griffin Mountain: This never had the big maps done for it. It needs some cleaning up. The art art is loved by some and not by others. We only have a few printed copies left to sell.

Cult Compendium: This is a large tome that covers RQ2 and RQ3 cults. Like Griffin Mountain the new art is loved by some and not by others. We don't have many printed copies left.

Borderlands and Beyond is the same as the previous two.

For those who are into Desktop Publishing, all of the Classics were done on Pagemaker, which was great 15-20 years ago, but is extinct now (replaced by InDesign), and using it to update the layout files isn't an easy option (I tried).

None of the above exist as "ePub" books either, which is something we have the chance to do via this project.

Guest Vile Traveller

Just on the topic of alternate covers, I'm not sure whether Chaosium is planning to release any books as PoD but if they do - why not have a choice of covers? Some mad individuals might even buy a copy of each! Some crazy, mad individuals, none of whom reside on these boards I'm sure. :)

On 12/6/2015, 5:41:18, Vile said:

Just on the topic of alternate covers, I'm not sure whether Chaosium is planning to release any books as PoD but if they do - why not have a choice of covers? Some mad individuals might even buy a copy of each! Some crazy, mad individuals, none of whom reside on these boards I'm sure. :)

I suggested this approach to Jeff via the Kickstarter update comments. :-)

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

On day 11 and 1280 backers so far, the RuneQuest Classic Kickstarter is now the most backed Gloranthan Kickstarter to date!

(The Guide to Glorantha got 1276 backers in 30 days, and the 13th Age Glorantha Kickstarter got 1,249 backers in 36 days.)

14 days to go - so if you haven't pledged yet, please do! Just under half-way to the next stretch goal: Cults of Terror ($120K)

Grrr...the success of this kickstarter is a mixed blessing. Now I need to save as much cash as possible to upgrade my pledge and buy all of the available add-ons.  ;)

How can I miss a chance to own a brand new copy of Cults of Prax!

Guess I'll be living on instant noodles a bit longer than I planned. :P

42 minutes ago, jongjom said:

By adding the combined SoloQuests as a stretched goal Chaosium have also lowered some of the other goals. Now a reasonable chance to get all of the old classic Gloranthan products back out there.

The new stretch goal is a combination reprint of SoloQuest, Scorpion Hall, and the Snow King's Bride. That's over 200 pages of classic solitaire adventures. To prevent any debate as to which of the three covers to use, Rick's artfully combined them all into one for the front cover (to be fair, they were all pretty similar...)

a253b986d0f306c81688cda741e484c3_origina

• Like 3