What is the status of RQ6 Glorantha?

Happy

heh heh the less said at conventions prior to press releases the better I suspect, look how last week went lol :P

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

7 hours ago, Mankcam said:

heh heh the less said at conventions prior to press releases the better I suspect, look how last week went lol :P

It's always tricky to announce this sort of thing. But what's done is done. I'm sure the new RQ will be a competent product - all of the people that we know are involved in the project have a solid track record and most of them also have a deep love of Glorantha. The idea of basing it around a mythic quest for the runes is interesting and shows that some thought is going into the product. But whether it can meet the expectations of fan community is a different question.

• Like 1

I have a feeling I will probably like RuneQuest Glorantha.

I love what Moon Design have done with the Glorantha setting so far, and content wise I am certain it will be a great read.

I'm unsure how it's game mechanics will be, but I really like some of the things that have been mentioned so far, such as characters having beginning skill chances based on adding Characteristics, having hit locations, and having combat styles. So if it plays like some mix of RQ2, RQ3, and RQ6 then I'll like it. It also doesn't sound like it would be an issue to convert on the fly if I play Glorantha using RQ6 either, so its no biggie for me either way.

Finally bringing Questing and Runes to prominence in regards to game mechanics also sounds quite promising. I'm looking forward to reading this.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

23 hours ago, SDLeary said:

So a pen and paper Video Game! Hope you guys can pull this off better than Mongoose did.

SDLeary

No, we have no reason at all to think it will be like a video game. On the other hand, I guess it will be very Pendragon-like. For that there is evidence in the announcement and in the podcast.

11 hours ago, smiorgan said:

No, we have no reason at all to think it will be like a video game. On the other hand, I guess it will be very Pendragon-like. For that there is evidence in the announcement and in the podcast.

I'll have to listen to the podcast then, because if it is a Rune Quest, then that means the runes are probably a thing. The whole kill a guy and take his runes was somewhat off-putting.

Now if we are using something along the lines of opposed runes as traits, and those tie into the magic system, then I could probably get behind that.

... Off to listen to ToMA I guess!

SDLeary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanpats said:

Runes in Glorantha are not a thing, notwithstanding the MRQ1 blasphemy. Quest for Runes can be in a mythic sense.

True, but they have to be very careful in how they describe things. For example, how do you Quest for a mythical Rune? Of course it can be interpreted as study, devotion, and hard work, but explain that to someone new to the system and try to make it sound exciting.

SDLeary