Barbarian Town aka Exile Stead?

10baseT

I'm getting ready to run RQ2 again and have a question on Barbarian Town i was hoping you all could shed a little light on. (This area will be mybase of operations for lack of better words). In the RQ2 map at the end of the book, you can see Barbarian Town in the foothills between The Block and The Stormwalk Mountains. On the map on page 246 of the Guide to Glorantha it shows Exile Stead where Barbarian Town should be. Then on page 254 it has Exile Fort... i'm assuming these are all the same.

When i read Eorhol's Vale or The Widow's Tale, i think they make reference to Barbarian Town when the protagonists go between Sartar and Prax. (I can't quite remember which book). So the description of Exile Fort on page 254 of The GtG makes sense.

Anyway, am i getting it right? And does anyone have anything they can add?

Thanks, G

Edited by 10baseT

The Guide to Glorantha p451 says "Exile Stead (small city): Also called Barbarian Town, this walled settlement is populated by Pol-Joni and by exiles from Lunar occupied Sartar." and p254 "Exile Fort (small city): This fortified village has long been home to the desperate, outlaws, and exiles. In troubled times, the population swells with refugees fleeing the troubles in Dragon Pass.".

So, Exile Stead is another name for Barbarian Town and Exile Fort is a nearby village.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here