Jump to content
Jon Hunter

New Balazar Fan Site

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jon Hunter said:

I used a good few , fired off lots of ideas too.

Glad those helped.

Btw, on your G+ post you noted "had avoided some of that stuff due to anything harvest/earth based is done by the Vendref not the womenfolk of Grazelander culture."

Bear in mind that the Feathered Horse Queen is "is a powerful Earth priestess who incarnates imposing powers for her worshipers and is the embodiment of sovereignty for all Dragon Pass."  She leads the Earth cults for both the Grazelanders and the vendref, and you'll likely find plenty of Grazelanders connected with the Earth Goddess, as well as the Horse Goddess.  Think of them as drawing on the powers of Ernalda in both her fertility/earth aspects (childbirth, fertility of the soil) and her harmony/earth aspects in managing the 'households' of the vendref. The Grazelanders will be the priestesses, I think, not the vendref.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Glad those helped.

Btw, on your G+ post you noted "had avoided some of that stuff due to anything harvest/earth based is done by the Vendref not the womenfolk of Grazelander culture."

Bear in mind that the Feathered Horse Queen is "is a powerful Earth priestess who incarnates imposing powers for her worshipers and is the embodiment of sovereignty for all Dragon Pass."  She leads the Earth cults for both the Grazelanders and the vendref, and you'll likely find plenty of Grazelanders connected with the Earth Goddess, as well as the Horse Goddess.  Think of them as drawing on the powers of Ernalda in both her fertility/earth aspects (childbirth, fertility of the soil) and her harmony/earth aspects in managing the 'households' of the vendref. The Grazelanders will be the priestesses, I think, not the vendref.

I think its an interesting questions where the lines of delineation fall with the female roles between the Grazelanders and Verdef, 

With the men its quite simple grazelanders - horses, war, fighting, sun gods. verdef - farming, trades, making, growing, other animals.

I have the Grazelander women as being hands off agriculture and manual labour, but responsible for healing, horses, raising children, teaching, knowledge and mysticism 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jon Hunter said:

I think its an interesting questions where the lines of delineation fall with the female roles between the Grazelanders and Verdef, 

With the men its quite simple grazelanders - horses, war, fighting, sun gods. verdef - farming, trades, making, growing, other animals.

I have the Grazelander women as being hands off agriculture and manual labour, but responsible for healing, horses, raising children, teaching, knowledge and mysticism 

I'd make Grazelander women responsible for milking mares, brewing fermented mare's milk (which is probably prohibited to the vendref), weaving, logistical/trade management of encampments, judging and stewarding the vendref directly, and leading and organizing dances, songs, and funerals (which are all more specific versions of the above)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jon Hunter said:

I have the Grazelander women as being hands off agriculture and manual labour, but responsible for healing, horses, raising children, teaching, knowledge and mysticism 

Add in what @jeffjerwin noted, particularly stewardship of the vendref and managing trade, as well as running the Earth temples (and leading their worship services, collecting the tribute, etc.) and you've probably marked out what the Grazelander women manage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon:

These are the Wargames Foundry 28mm figures I use for Sartarians.

https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/european-bronze-age-scandanavia-north-west-europe-1600-bc

They're metal and they're a wee bit more expensive but they paint up well and look very good on the skirmish table.

For Lunars I use Crocodile Games Miniatures.

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemDetail.cfm?prodID=455&catID=40

Cheers.

Evilroddy.

Edited by Evilroddy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 6:53 AM, Evilroddy said:

Jon:

These are the Wargames Foundry 28mm figures I use for Sartarians.

https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/european-bronze-age-scandanavia-north-west-europe-1600-bc

They're metal and they're a wee bit more expensive but they paint up well and look very good on the skirmish table.

For Lunars I use Crocodile Games Miniatures.

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemDetail.cfm?prodID=455&catID=40

Cheers.

Evilroddy.

Nice choices but significant price differentials on both, i'm currently going to be using Victix Carthaginians for my luanrs. 60 Hoplites, peltasts and med infantry all in one box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×