New Balazar Fan Site

Jon Hunter

OK because i am a sado and have nothing better to do on a Friday night :).

I've made some changes to the blog.

• The first is i've started to list synopsis of the posts rather than the full posts on the main page and categories.
  • The second is that when they area  series of posts i've order them in the order they  should be read in not the reverse order of how they were written.

The aim of both is to ease reading and browsing.

The question is before i go do all 100 posts, does it work and does it make things easier ? 

Edited by Jon Hunter

1 hour ago, Jon Hunter said:

OK I finished off the series on Lunar names series with two more posts

Here's the example Sairdite and Terarir names I have from my Lunar provinces material:

Sample Female Sairdite Names:  Arraila, Arvena, Duma, Electreis, Erilinda, Fluria, Garornalda, Jasayasa, Karilona, Karka, Lycia, Malara, Nardena, Nesseva, Orina, Pilavara, Venura

Sample Male Sairdite Names:  Afar, Alakorus, Brodeth, Charus, Dalphus, Dumarcar, Karsaeus, Karvanus, Lanangor, Lojarnus, Sudrenus, Suzaraug , Verenus, Verrogus, Vijaron, Wargash, Yusendo

Sample Female Sylilan (Terarir) Names:  Brygense, Hwarina, Kevenna, Krendatha, Maleeva, Nesseve, Ruvallena, Xanthippe

Sample Male Sylilan (Terarir) Names:  Damograth, Gorfor, Horsensus, Ingakotus, Jarnesus, Phirmax

And Holayan names:

Sample Female Holayan Names: Beneva, Brygense, Durlindia, Ernaldali, Giridava, Holaya, Hwara, Inkarne, Jareen, Krendatha, Nesseve, Oriane, Redayla, Uryandraya, Yaranbora, Yenesting.

Sample Male Holayan Names: Alakor, Arimtasus, Barterim, Durogotyr, Gorath, Gwythar, Horsensus, Jannisor, Jarnesus, Jornkalor, Kibrogar, Laramus, Ovardul, Sargreth, Wengareth.

And Vanchite names:

Sample Female Vanchite Names: Afriya, Bezrith, Brygense, Harpatia, Hwareena, Kevenna, Krendatha, Malteeva, Negeena, Nervenalda, Peleen, Ruvallena, Sorayoth, Verendena, Vingara.

Sample Male Vanchite Names: Angathis, Angkaval, Elgormal, Gavaral, Grestaval, Hastormal, Ismaril, Jannsal, Tantaral, Tundoral, Verendel, Vensdorval, Vingoryal, Yeleris

Generally, my approach to Sairdite names is something of a blend between Theyalan and DH styles.

Edited by jajagappa
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Jon Hunter said:

I like this set.  Very reminiscent of the encounters in original GM.  

The Lost Child reminds of an old scenario starter I wrote years ago for some RQ/Glorantha contest (titled "What Child is This?").

I like the runners high in the Giant Redwood.  The petrified hunter is probably my favorite.  The Mammoth Corpse has a nice air of mystery - why were its bones not picked clean by scavengers, whether birds or trollkin?  

3 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

I like this set.  Very reminiscent of the encounters in original GM.  

The Lost Child reminds of an old scenario starter I wrote years ago for some RQ/Glorantha contest (titled "What Child is This?").

I like the runners high in the Giant Redwood.  The petrified hunter is probably my favorite.  The Mammoth Corpse has a nice air of mystery - why were its bones not picked clean by scavengers, whether birds or trollkin?  

Hopefully alot leave questions which are loose threads, which when pulled on give a ref plot and story easily.

My favourite is the abandoned campsite, and it leaves all of these questions open.

• Who was the missing lunar?
  • Why was he in Balazar on his won?
  • Who was the Newtlings tail for?
  • What did for him?
  • Had he not heard that newtlings tail is not be taken literally?

3 minutes ago, Jon Hunter said:

My favourite is the abandoned campsite, and it leaves all of these questions open.

Yep, plenty of mystery there.  Being able to plug them in to varied settings and storylines is a definite plus.

I like your last line there: "The owner of the tail and pack will never return."

Edited by jajagappa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok ive added a Gloranthan name generator, which tries to create realistic NPC(or PC names via culture)

http://www.backtobalazar.com/glorantha-name-generator/

i've got

• Balazaring
  • Satarite
  • Grazelanders
  • Imperial Lunar
  • Dara Happen
  • Peldaran/ Pelorian

Ready as yet.

I have kinda struck out on Grazelander female honour names though so if people have any suggestions.... I would be grateful.

1 hour ago, Jon Hunter said:

I have kinda struck out on Grazelander female honour names though so if people have any suggestions.... I would be grateful.

Anything Mother related:  Twice-mother, Thrice-mother, Mother-of-Many, Mother-of-Suns, Strong Mother, Mother of Pain, Mother of All

Anything related to Childbearing/raising/teaching:  Minder of Many, Bearer of Pain, Allwatcher, Earthteacher, Lifegiver, Woundbinder

Anything related to Corpse Preparation or Sorrow:  Keeper of Sorrows, Deathmask, Urnmaker, Walker with Spirits, Tender of the Empty Fields, Sad Mother

Anything Earth, Life, Pasture, or Hill related:  the Grounded, Earthdancer, Flowing Grass, Valewalker, Fineblossom, Meadowrider, Smiling Hill

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Anything Mother related:  Twice-mother, Thrice-mother, Mother-of-Many, Mother-of-Suns, Strong Mother, Mother of Pain, Mother of All

Anything related to Childbearing/raising/teaching:  Minder of Many, Bearer of Pain, Allwatcher, Earthteacher, Lifegiver, Woundbinder

Anything related to Corpse Preparation or Sorrow:  Keeper of Sorrows, Deathmask, Urnmaker, Walker with Spirits, Tender of the Empty Fields, Sad Mother

Anything Earth, Life, Pasture, or Hill related:  the Grounded, Earthdancer, Flowing Grass, Valewalker, Fineblossom, Meadowrider, Smiling Hill

Cheers,

I used a good few , fired off lots of ideas too.