New Balazar Fan Site

Jon Hunter

3 hours ago, Jon Hunter said:

I used a good few , fired off lots of ideas too.

Glad those helped.

Btw, on your G+ post you noted "had avoided some of that stuff due to anything harvest/earth based is done by the Vendref not the womenfolk of Grazelander culture."

Bear in mind that the Feathered Horse Queen is "is a powerful Earth priestess who incarnates imposing powers for her worshipers and is the embodiment of sovereignty for all Dragon Pass."  She leads the Earth cults for both the Grazelanders and the vendref, and you'll likely find plenty of Grazelanders connected with the Earth Goddess, as well as the Horse Goddess.  Think of them as drawing on the powers of Ernalda in both her fertility/earth aspects (childbirth, fertility of the soil) and her harmony/earth aspects in managing the 'households' of the vendref. The Grazelanders will be the priestesses, I think, not the vendref.

12 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Glad those helped.

Btw, on your G+ post you noted "had avoided some of that stuff due to anything harvest/earth based is done by the Vendref not the womenfolk of Grazelander culture."

Bear in mind that the Feathered Horse Queen is "is a powerful Earth priestess who incarnates imposing powers for her worshipers and is the embodiment of sovereignty for all Dragon Pass."  She leads the Earth cults for both the Grazelanders and the vendref, and you'll likely find plenty of Grazelanders connected with the Earth Goddess, as well as the Horse Goddess.  Think of them as drawing on the powers of Ernalda in both her fertility/earth aspects (childbirth, fertility of the soil) and her harmony/earth aspects in managing the 'households' of the vendref. The Grazelanders will be the priestesses, I think, not the vendref.

I think its an interesting questions where the lines of delineation fall with the female roles between the Grazelanders and Verdef, 

With the men its quite simple grazelanders - horses, war, fighting, sun gods. verdef - farming, trades, making, growing, other animals.

I have the Grazelander women as being hands off agriculture and manual labour, but responsible for healing, horses, raising children, teaching, knowledge and mysticism 

15 minutes ago, Jon Hunter said:

I think its an interesting questions where the lines of delineation fall with the female roles between the Grazelanders and Verdef, 

With the men its quite simple grazelanders - horses, war, fighting, sun gods. verdef - farming, trades, making, growing, other animals.

I have the Grazelander women as being hands off agriculture and manual labour, but responsible for healing, horses, raising children, teaching, knowledge and mysticism 

I'd make Grazelander women responsible for milking mares, brewing fermented mare's milk (which is probably prohibited to the vendref), weaving, logistical/trade management of encampments, judging and stewarding the vendref directly, and leading and organizing dances, songs, and funerals (which are all more specific versions of the above)...

45 minutes ago, Jon Hunter said:

Add in what @jeffjerwin noted, particularly stewardship of the vendref and managing trade, as well as running the Earth temples (and leading their worship services, collecting the tribute, etc.) and you've probably marked out what the Grazelander women manage.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jon:

These are the Wargames Foundry 28mm figures I use for Sartarians.

https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/european-bronze-age-scandanavia-north-west-europe-1600-bc

They're metal and they're a wee bit more expensive but they paint up well and look very good on the skirmish table.

For Lunars I use Crocodile Games Miniatures.

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemDetail.cfm?prodID=455&catID=40

Cheers.

Evilroddy.

Edited by Evilroddy
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 6:53 AM, Evilroddy said:

Jon:

These are the Wargames Foundry 28mm figures I use for Sartarians.

https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/european-bronze-age-scandanavia-north-west-europe-1600-bc

They're metal and they're a wee bit more expensive but they paint up well and look very good on the skirmish table.

For Lunars I use Crocodile Games Miniatures.

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemDetail.cfm?prodID=455&catID=40

Cheers.

Evilroddy.

Nice choices but significant price differentials on both, i'm currently going to be using Victix Carthaginians for my luanrs. 60 Hoplites, peltasts and med infantry all in one box. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Still loving your stuff, even if I don't follow obsessively.  🙂 

One quick query:  are you still running your "ST:G" homebrew, or have you adopted RQG?  Or is the answer less clear than that?

Edited by g33k
Typo

C'es ne pas un .sig

5 hours ago, g33k said:

Still loving your stuff, even if I don't follow obsessively.  🙂 

One quick query:  are you still running your "ST:G" homebrew, or have you adopted RQG?  Or is the answer less clear than that?

As a player I play in RQG games and campaigns, my campaigns run on ST:G as it suits my style better.

As regards what I write im going to focus on RQG as that is what most people want.

I may bring ST:G out for some conference play one offs at some point.

7 hours ago, Jon Hunter said:

As a player I play in RQG games and campaigns, my campaigns run on ST:G as it suits my style better.

As regards what I write im going to focus on RQG as that is what most people want.

I may bring ST:G out for some conference play one offs at some point.

Gotcha, thanks!

Was noting what seemed to be lots of RQG-specific content, not much ST:G, and wondered if your campaign had shifted.

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...