RuneQuest 2 Reprint - Typos

Guest Vile Traveller

Guest Vile Traveller

I thought I'd start a thread here to collect typos, hopefully before the book goes to the printer. Rick mentioned that he's not looking at anything other than typos, which is why I didn't name this thread "errata" or anything of the sort.

p.41-42: I notice that the integration of the errata for Multimissile now states twice that the magical missiles can critical - "The magically produced missiles can critical. [...] The magically produced missile cannot impale, but they can critical". Not sure if this qualifies as a typo, as this is what you get by appending the original errata verbatim from the inside front cover to the end of the descriptive text. In any case, the second one should say "missiles".

p.56: Rambling RuneQuestions, second paragraph: the answer "The same skill" should not be italicised.

p.90: Average size for ducks is given as 54.

19 minutes ago, Vile said:

p.56: Rambling RuneQuestions, second paragraph: the answer "The same skill" should not be italicised.

Likewise on p97 the sentence after Dragonsnails should not be italicised.

Reported to Rick but posted here to prevent duplications.

Page 9: ‘Again, this is a high average roll When’ should be ‘Again, this is a high average roll. When’

Page 11: ‘POW It’s nice having a touch with the Universe’ might be ‘POW It’s nice being in touch with the Universe’

Page 34: ‘the suppression and re-impression of the spells taking place Simultaneously’ should be ‘the suppression and re-impression of the spells taking place simultaneously’.

Page 84: ‘instead of working under the guide. lines’ should be ‘instead of working under the guidelines’.

Page 91: ‘Spells: Healing 2; Speedart 1’ – Speedart is not a Variable spell so this should be ‘Spells: Healing 2; Speedart’.

Page 118: ‘could not take to 13’ should be ‘could not take it to 13’.

Page 140: 'Even this number is high, and most of it consists of monks rather that priests of a congregation' should be 'Even this number is high, and most of it consists of monks rather than priests of a congregation'

Back cover: ‘the Dragon Pass area’ among’ should be ‘the Dragon Pass area, among’.

Edited by M Helsdon

I have seen two things

in the weapon statistics table on page 27 there are 2 lines for fist

comparing with the table on page 26 (starting skill value), I think that the first line with fist should be Butt Butt - - 1D4 Head instead of Fist Fist - - 1D4 Head

On page 44 in the fetch table there is no POW value foe a roll 11-20

Guest Vile Traveller

I hope that errors in the original will still be fixed in this edition. Anyway, in a week or so* I will collate what we have and pass it to Rick directly for him to incorporate or discard as he sees fit.

* Question for Rick - what is the deadline for passing you this list?

Awesome sauce. I'm sending in the ducks now to take out Delecti. There ain't no stopping them now!

Rubber Ducky.jpg

• Like 2

Say no to censorship

• "Did he say he was a Rune Lord or that he knew one?"
  • "Go, and never darken my towels again."
  • "Ach Crimmens! Ye smited me...ye craven. Worra, worra. What would me Mum say?"

Guest Vile Traveller
4 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I want to send the final files to the printer within a week. I would love to do so by Friday because I want to get this printed.

You heard him, BRPers! Let's get reading there!

page 18 under Resolution of Melee: point 2 should have an asterisk?

page 28 under Weapon Damage Absortion: "4 points of damage taken in 1 melee round..." Should omit the "4"

edit: the high number for the STR and SIZ average for Gargoyles (page 91) don't match the dice. 

The average of 5d6 is 17.5

Edited by ajtheronin

I appreciate the D20 replaced with D10 suggestion. I politely decline to make that edit. What some of the (ahem) younger generation may not be aware of is that back in the 70s and 80s most 20 sided dice did not have the numbers 11-20 on them. They had 0-9 twice. Thus, you could use it as a D10 as is. Also, some dice sets came with a crayon  so you could color in one set of 0-9 to represent 11-20 and more easily use it as a D20, which was probably more important for D&D players than RuneQuest players.

NOTE: I just checked and my 2" thick RQ boxed set and my 1" thick boxed RQ set both have the 20 sided die that has 0-9 twice on it. Also, my Games Workshop RQ 2" thick boxed set not only has the twenty sided die with 0-9 twice, but it has one set of 0-9 colored in. No idea if the die came that way or if its previous owner did the honors.

Edited by Rick Meints
Fact Checking with examples. :-)
  • Like 6

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.