Spotlight Cards for RQ

hkokko

Spotlight Cards for RQ

Read an interesting article at Dread Unicorn site about spotlight cards and hipster PDA as a player reference for GM.  The idea is to help GM to remember to let each player shine at the spotlight in the game. This can be especially problematic with larger groups at play same time. The spotlight card method gathers rough information about each player and their aspirations to an index card and at the bottom  of the card ask the question: "has the player been in spotlight already". At the start of the game session you pick a card and make sure that person gets her spotlight in some way. You may have prepared for this beforehand already. After the spotlight moment you move the players index card to the bottom of the stack and go for next player making sure that during the session everybody gets their chance. On that page there are spotlight cards for several game systems.

I thought this was an intriguing and try to combine it here with having some reference information about the player in one card which I have been thinking about how to do for some time. Here is an example (not of any of my gamers...)

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/2016/01/23/spotlight-cards-for-rq/

• Like 3

Not exactly the same though we use index cards to track NPCs... specifically in HQ:G we track:

• Name
  • Patron Diety
  • Associated Level: Comparable, Advanced, More Advanced
  • Desire
  • Disposition
  • Encountered At

It's very handy! I might glean a few sections from this and incorporate into our NPCs. Thanks!

These are good for NPCs as well. My main use at this point is for player characters.

Scrivener is great - I used it a lot earlier on but then decided that I will not lug my computer to game so went the evernote route.