Trifletraxor

[download]Big Damn Book of Monsters

Big Damn Book of Monsters

Big Damn Book of Monsters

A conversion of most of the critters from an old school Monster Manual I, Monster Manual II, and Fiend Folio to be playable in my
favorite Roleplaying System. I did use characteristics (that I agreed with) from current sources as well, to try to maintain some consistency, but this was not always agreeable.

These are not meant to replace creatures presented in the Magic World book, but as supplements and additions.
While it did take some long and tedious work, it is my love for the system that brings me to share the work. I hope it makes your next adventure creations session or your spontaneous encounter easier, smoother, and more enjoyable.

My ultimate goal is to make it easier to run fantasy games using the BRP/MW/CF systems, which means more
people play, which means more people BUY products associated with such a great system.
I recommend this book over my other monster manual conversions!

While I did incorporate many spells from CF and Psychic powers from BGB, this work has been used with my own MW campaign using CF for spells alone. What this means is that the Chronicler may need to do very light editing to some entries if only using MW spells.

80.2 Mb. 448 pages. 

• Like 8

Man! I'm really liking the layout and art. The stats are great too! Got to find a way to port these over to Eternity Realms, of course I won't publish them, just for personal use.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, auyl said:

Man! I'm really liking the layout and art. The stats are great too! Got to find a way to port these over to Eternity Realms, of course I won't publish them, just for personal use.

Don't care what you do with the characteristics but the art is NOT mine and definitely mostly copyright material. (And awesome )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tooley1chris said:

Don't care what you do with the characteristics but the art is NOT mine and definitely mostly copyright material. (And awesome )

It is awesome! No worries, I'm fully aware of the copyright stuff concerning art. ;)

• Like 1

It's been said many times by others and rightfully so, but may I add my voice to the chorus of others in thanking you for this exceptional piece of work. MW truly has it's creatures book. I've already enjoyed your other forays into fandom monster manuals and the greater richness they have bought to my gaming table is appreciated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tooley1chris said:

I truly hope you are wrong and Chaosium does a much better one...someday. 

Even if that happens, it's highly doubtful it will be a thorough conversion of the AD&D monsters. This is going to be of lasting value as long as there are people out there playing Magic World. Or any of its close fantasy relatives, for that matter. 

• Like 4

Okay, I've just found out that it's really difficult finding the files I uploaded to the Downloads section - I only found them because my D100II SRD is joint most popular with this big damn book and there's a link for "find user's other files". Triff, any chance of fixing that?

Anyway, here's an AD&D2 > RQ3 conversion I found on the intertubes in the past:

Lol. Not sure this is the place to post this, Vile.

"Clean up in isle 2" :)

I used a similar conversion formula for this book. 

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by tooley1chris