Looking for Player(s) - Virtual Tabletop Game

Nick J.

Just figured I'd throw this out here, since it seemed like the most likely place to find people interested in playing in a Magic World game.

I've been running a small group (two players and myself) in campaign for the past several months and there's definitely room for another couple of people. The game typically happens every other Sunday at 5:00 PM Pacific Time (GMT -8) and goes for about 3 hours using a virtual tabletop and google hangouts for audio.

Campaign Details: A sword & sorcery game of weird fantasy set in an alternate Earth during an antediluvian period. Key influences are R.E. Howard's Hyborian Age and Clark Ashton Smith's Hyperborea cycle. I borrow liberally from Morten Braten's Xoth adventures and I try to mix in a healthy dose of my own ideas and adventures. My style of refereeing is very much about laying out a liberal number of hooks and then sitting back and letting the players drive the action and letting the dice roll where they may - Not quite a pure sandbox, but closer to that end of the spectrum than a railroad. In-character roleplaying is preferred, but I'm not too worried about out-of-character chatter or digressions, so long as they aren't too distracting.

Requirements: A demo version of fantasy grounds (I own the ultimate license), a pdf copy of Magic World, a microphone and a pair of headphones (no webcam required). Other than that you don't have to be an expert role-player, all you need is a willingness to learn and be willing to show up on a fairly regular basis.

Full disclosure; I'm still pretty green at running BRP games after having been a D&D/d20 gamer for most of my gaming life the past 25+ years, but Magic World really captured my imagination about a year ago. So after shaking off some long-accumulated GM rust after a long hiatus from gaming, I'm finally comfortable enough with the rules that I don't feel too badly inflicting myself on you fine folk.

Send me a message or reply below if interested and I'll give you the connection details. Or if you're merely curious feel free to ask questions below and I'll do the best i can to answer them.

• Like 1