And the new name for RQ6 is...

lawrence.whitaker

Pretty sure that was the inspiration for the name, not a potential copyright issue. The lawyers for ancient deities are pretty much non-existent. :D

Edited by threedeesix
  • Like 1

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Should we keep posting stuff about Mythras here, or should it get a new subforum?

On the one hand, RQ6 is still the current RuneQuest and will be for a few months still. On the other hand, it's only a handful of months, and building up a decent body of Mythras discussion in its own forum before the changeover is final will help give the rebranding some momentum.

4 hours ago, Warthur said:

Should we keep posting stuff about Mythras here, or should it get a new subforum?

On the one hand, RQ6 is still the current RuneQuest and will be for a few months still. On the other hand, it's only a handful of months, and building up a decent body of Mythras discussion in its own forum before the changeover is final will help give the rebranding some momentum.

There was already a discussion about that. There is going to be a new Mythras forum, and all the RQ6 threads are going to be moved over there. For now, just keep posting stuff here and it will end up in the new forum.

4 hours ago, Warthur said:

Maybe we should simply retitle this forum something like "Mythras and RQ6"?  Most of the threads in this subforum are about RQ6.

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG

On 2/22/2016 at 3:28 PM, styopa said:

latest?cb=20090813053158

"You didn't look hard enough"

-Mithras

There's a very similar statue of Pan and a goat, but I probably can't post it here - Good job you didn't use Pan as the base of the name.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

10 hours ago, fmitchell said:

Maybe we should simply retitle this forum something like "Mythras and RQ6"?  Most of the threads in this subforum are about RQ6.

10 hours ago, dragonewt said:

More like: "Mythras, Legend and RQ6". Does MRQ2 also count?

I don't see why not, although Legend = MRQ2 and Mythras = RQ6, so it feels a bit redundant. "Mythras, RQ6, and Mongoose", maybe?  I don't recall seeing a lot of Legend / MRQ2 threads, maybe since RQ6 is essentially Legend done better.  In any case, we can leave space for Mythras's and RQ6's predecessors, but we don't need a whole new sub-forum for them.

Alternatively, we could just call it "Mythras and Legend", the two current names for former RuneQuest versions, and note in the description that RQ6 and MRQ2 are also welcome.  RQ6 as a product will effectively cease to exist in four months or so, and "RQ6" may eventually seem like a puzzling relic.  (Or the abbreviation for a future revision of Chaosium's new RuneQuest.)

Also, whether we pull (most of the) threads from this forum into a new one, or pull the RQ2 and RQ-Next threads into a new forum ("Classic RuneQuest"?) and rename this one, depends on how easy it is to rename forums (fora?) vs. how easy it is to move threads.  I'm not the poor sod who will have to do it, fortunately.

• Like 1

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG

I do think it is worth mentioning Legend in connection with Mythras - in part because of the close connection between the systems (Legend being the studio cut, Mythras being the directors' cut), but mostly because thanks to the Legend licence there may be third party products carrying the "Legend compatible" logo that are of interest to Mythras fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archivist said:

I just bought RQ6 after getting Luther Arkwright. It's a pretty terrific system.

Where can we get some sweet Mythras products?

Our first official Mythras product will be 'Classic Fantasy'. All our books will be rebranded (we've started the process and will increase it incrementally), and they're all available from our own website (www.thedesignmechanism.com/products), DrivethruRPG, and most good game stores. If your FLGS doesn't have our games, ask them to order from Alliance or Warpath in the US. We're in the final stages of arranging a UK/Europe distribution deal too, so by the summer it should easier (and cheaper) than ever before to get Mythras products.

• Like 2

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png