New RQ / Art Direction

Kränted Powers

I rather liked that chainmail-clad knight/steed combo styopa posted back on 4 April, and it prompted me to look up the artist "Bob Giadrosich" -- I quite like his other, more-fantasy stuff, too, and would love to see almost anything from him, on any subject comissioned, in any RQ/Glorantha book!

C'es ne pas un .sig

<heh>

In the context of art/illustration, "map" would seem to be the wrong word.  However RPG-usage of "map" has borrowed all sorts of interesting new meanings from psych, lit, etc... frankly, "a highly detailed, full colour map of a Gloranthan -- female or not" in these broader senses might be rather interesting & worthwhile!

C'es ne pas un .sig

For someone artistically inclined, and considering the Guide calls out specific body-areas that have to do with the various runes, I could certainly see a Gloranthan art-piece like Leonardo's Vitruvian Man, but with the runic associations diagrammed.  That's sort of a map, no?

And would the map be appreciably different if it was a female than a male?

• 4 weeks later...

(sorry for the late posting as I just signed on)

I missed out on getting the Guide the Glorantha. :(  

I'd like to see scenes of various activities that also includes the clothing styles of various peoples.  A market square of a city along a trade route would show many different people.  It's been a long time since I played RQ2, but isn't there some place that many of the nomads of Prax get together every so often?  A scene as if standing on a distant hill, perhaps from behind the observers, would show the different tribal housing styles.   What does The Block look like? (this might need to be a fish-eyed angle of view)  Is it truly a perfect rectangle or more like a splinter with many jagged contours?  (try to climb THAT, you modern day rock climbers!)  

On 4/14/2016 at 7:51 PM, g33k said:

I rather liked that chainmail-clad knight/steed combo styopa posted back on 4 April, and it prompted me to look up the artist "Bob Giadrosich" -- I quite like his other, more-fantasy stuff, too, and would love to see almost anything from him, on any subject comissioned, in any RQ/Glorantha book!

I wouldn't want to see any of his cheese-cake art in any RQ book.

3 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

I wouldn't want to see any of his cheese-cake art in any RQ book.

I wouldn't want to see ANY artist's cheesecake (unless it was actually RELEVANT to Glorantha (and maybe not even then:  what would there be about "Gloranthan Cheescake" --what would it show us about Glorantha -- that would make the image worth the space that could be devoted to a less-revealing / more-revelatory image?).

But Giadrosich does lots of non-cheesecake...  The style(s) shown in any of these images might well suit a Gloranthan publication, I think...

http://heroineimages.tumblr.com/post/115698549564/dtk-womenwarriors-art-by-bob-giadrosich

http://www.xiangbalastudio.com/

http://www.infectedbyart.com/Images/Category_194/subcat_218/1801140625211.jpg

C'es ne pas un .sig