Snake Pipe Hollow

Rick Meints

The books will have B&W interiors when printed, but there's no reason the PDF has to stick to that standard.

Page 55 in Snake Pipe Hollow has a bonus map. Here's the story:

We have most of the physical layout files for the RQ2 books. They were done as paste ups on card stock, so by files I mean a folder or big envelope with stacks of paper, not a desktop publishing file on a computer. For most there are no surprises or anything beyond the pages of the book, but for Snake Pipe Hollow we have a folder that dates to the days when they were updating the RQ2 version to RQ3. In that folder was a photocopy of a cut and pasted combination map of the three individual cavern maps and how they "mostly" fit together. That badly faded and folded photocopy wasn't worth scanning in and trying to salvage, but it did inspire me to recreate what they were doing with photoshop. I needed two more pages of content to get to a page count that works for the printed book anyway and that map got me half way there. 

Edited by Rick Meints
  • Like 8

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Typos:

p6, The Alchemist - "Lankhor" should be "Lhankor".

p19 - Found Items - in the PROCEDURE paragraph it says "one one".

p31 - 6. Hiss - it has "wth" instead of "with".

p32 - in the last complete line of the first column it has "they they".

p39 - 7. Dragonewt Weapons - it has "about about" in the first paragraph.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 2

What I find ironic is that the errors in the text for "one one", "about about" and "they they" are from the original text, and lovingly recreated...

I fixed all those things. I plan on releasing an updated PDF in a week or so, after all this sort of stuff has been caught and fixed.

• Like 3

Hope that Helps,

I never doubted that they were original typos, Rick!

Apple Lane typos:

p22 - Drowing 3 - "attemp" instead of "attempt".

p22 - The Gorp - "disolving" instead of "dissolving".

p23 - 7 The Flat Room - it has "pomrs ts", this one looks like perhaps an OCR error? Presumably meant to be "points <something>"?

p23 - 7 The Flat Room - "squeeking" should be "squeaking".

p23 - The Reflection Points C - "cuirasse" should be "cuirass".

p25 - 17 The Stream Crossing - "witholding" should be "withholding".

p26 - Background - "nutricious" should be "nutritious".

Edited by Steve
  • Like 2

The PDF is great.

Now the question arises: why did the name change from Snakepipe Hollow in the earlier printings to Snake Pipe Hollow for the later printing and RQ3 version?

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

I found those typos

page 9

gorp #6 has AP/HP 12/11 instead of 0/11

gorp #7 has AP/HP 0/13 instead of 8/13

my feeling is that the number of HP is wrong, but I don't know enough about the computation in RQ2 to be certain.

page 19

found items `A normal should be 1/2 normal

page 20

found item #20 length?

rock strata #4 Oder should be odour

page 28

Bigclub's bribe is described in the text about room 9 and not the text about room 14

Jean

1 hour ago, jean said:

I found those typos

page 9

gorp #6 has AP/HP 12/11 instead of 0/11

gorp #7 has AP/HP 0/13 instead of 8/13

my feeling is that the number of HP is wrong, but I don't know enough about the computation in RQ2 to be certain.

page 19

found items `A normal should be 1/2 normal

page 20

found item #20 length?

rock strata #4 Oder should be odour

page 28

Bigclub's bribe is described in the text about room 9 and not the text about room 14

Jean

Sadly, something got scrambled will all of the gorp and I have fixed all 7 of them. All other things fixed now too.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bleah.  File-moving / networking error deleted all my downloaded Backerkit content for RQClassic.  Fortunately, Backerkit doesn't seem to delete stuff, so I can just grab it again (prior conversation I've had with the folk over there indicates that they don't have any "commitment" to be an eternal archive of all content, ever; but that neither do they currently see (nor expect) any need to begin deleting content... ) .

HOWEVER, I did revisit one of the PDF's, Apple Lane, and spotted a typo not documented in this thread:

p.24 (boxed "Disposition of Trollkin" text at bottom of page):  "refer to WHITEYE’S TACTICS, pp. XX-XX"  Should be "p. 28," where it's another text-box.

As it seems to have passed un-noticed by all 'til now, it's obviously not urgent...  but it'd be nice to have fixed ...

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig