A Matter of Life and Death

Newt

In support of the OpenQuest Bundle of Holding that is currently running until Tuesday 4th April, here’s the third of a series of posts about how the OpenQuest module Life and Death was written.

Read A Matter of Life and Death over at the Sorcerer Under Mountain blog

• Like 1

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

• 2 months later...

Recently, I played "Dead Pot Country" from Life & Death as a one-shot - my first real contact with OpenQuest. I quite liked it - the setting provides lots of ideas, but is still very open to interpretation and expansion; and the first two scenarios (haven't read the last one yet) are very open-ended and quite easy to run, thanks to their clear presentation.

Two things bug me - the many typos/mistakes and some setting elements that would have warranted an explanation - most importantly, on what did the cities survive during the age of isolation (that's the first question I've asked myself readind L&D, and it was actuall the first question one of the players asked about the setting when I introduced it).

Nevertheless, one of the coolest setting books in my collection, and definitely one I will be recommending!