Call of Cthulhu 7e Has Landed (Mostly)

MOB

If you've been following our "Ships of Cthulhu" updates over on our Facebook Page, G+ site or Twitter, you'd know that two of the three ships bearing precious cargo from China - the printed copies of Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - have safely arrived in Sydney, Australia and Vancouver, Canada.

The Australian ship has copies for Australia - New Zealand. The ship in Vancouver has copies for both Canada and the United States.

A third ship is still making its way to the UK via the Suez Canal; the latest report via marinetraffic.com has it in the Gulf of Aden, about to enter the Red Sea. These copies are for the UK and rest of Europe. 

We'll be shortly sending a link out to all CoC 7e Kickstarter backers, enabling them to check and update their addresses.

Once our distributors have sent copies to the Kickstarter backers, the remaining stocks will sent to retail distribution and will also be available for direct purchase. We'll be announcing preorders for this soon!

• Like 2

Woohoo!!! I should have my kickstarter books this soon! This is a great day to be Australian, your country salutes you MOB heh heh

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

To our Australian and New Zealand Backers. WE have zero control over how long it will take for the books to clear customs. They then have a short trip to the fulfillment warehouse where they will get put into inventory and prepared for shipment. That all is expected to be two weeks of time or more.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

@dadcubed - the Screen Pack is printed and being shipped along with the books currently.

UK distribution into game stores is usually handled by Esdevium Games. Of course, those based in UK and Europe can also buy direct from Chaosium as we now have a European fulfilment house.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

To our Australian and New Zealand Backers. WE have zero control over how long it will take for the books to clear customs. They then have a short trip to the fulfillment warehouse where they will get put into inventory and prepared for shipment. That all is expected to be two weeks of time or more.

Given how stringent Australian Customs are, I guess it may take up to a month just to ensure that they confirm Moon Design isn't a cover company for a cocaine racket or something like that. They are probably reading my books at present heh heh 

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

On 30 March 2016 at 11:58 PM, Mike M said:

@dadcubed - the Screen Pack is printed and being shipped along with the books currently.

UK distribution into game stores is usually handled by Esdevium Games. Of course, those based in UK and Europe can also buy direct from Chaosium as we now have a European fulfilment house.

Hi Mike. That sounds ace. I have looked on the Chaosium website and can't see anywhere to throw my money. I watched the video of the box set. It looks awesome! Is there a pre-order? If so could you link it? Thanks :)

10 hours ago, dadcubed said:

Hi Mike. That sounds ace. I have looked on the Chaosium website and can't see anywhere to throw my money. I watched the video of the box set. It looks awesome! Is there a pre-order? If so could you link it? Thanks :)

Pre-order is not up yet - soon will be.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2016 at 9:33 AM, Mike M said:

Pre-order is not up yet - soon will be.

Later this week via Backerkit we'll be sending out emails enabling all backers to review their backer level and rewards and, most importantly, make sure we have their current addresses. After that we'll be ready to send the stuff, once they have cleared customs and arrived at our distribution centres (nb UK ship still on the way...) Once backers have had a chance to update their details we'll be opening things up to take preorders too - these will be sent out after backers are sent theirs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sid Vicarious said:

So, just to be clear...are the books in the shipping containers purely for kickstarter backers, or are some of them destined for retailers? And in regards to Melbourne (MOB, this means you), if retail copies are included, where might they  be available from?

The books in the containers include both backer and trade copies for retailers. It's down to individual game stores to stock the books (we have no control on that) - I would suggest contacting your local store to enquire.

We were very happy to be able to post this:

http://www.chaosium.com/blog/the-stars-are-right-new-chaosium-delivers-on-kickstarter-promise

Mailing out commences on Monday for Australian backers, to be followed very shortly after by US backers. The cargo has cleared customs in the UK too, so that won't be too far behind. (Sorry, we have no further news from the North on the Canadian shipment).

• Like 2

With the preorder, when do you get the PDFs?  Do you get it immediately or not until the physical copies ship?  I saw a note that stated my credit card would be charged closer to the ship date and wondered if that meant I would have to wait on the PDFs.  I would like to get the PDFs soon to have for The Time to Harvest organized play.