Call of Cthulhu 7e Has Landed (Mostly)

MOB

More good news about delivery of Kickstarter rewards for Call of Cthulhu 7e! The UK warehouse (Kixto) has the books, has entered them in inventory, and is starting sending them out to backers in UK and Europe from today!

This means deliveries for the UK, Australia and USA have all now commenced (sorry, no further news for those over the border in Canada)

0d9a4cf2c1ffa64b5affb3c2d47ead5d_original.jpg

Good news for Canadian Kickstarter backers too - Lion Rampant, our fulfillment partner in Canada has started sending out their consignment to backers too.

That means ALL FOUR warehouse locations are hard at work getting the shipments sent out to backers, and some backers have indeed already received their rewards package:

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 9.44.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 10.03.17 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 10.17.34 AM.png

• Like 3

Excited to hear that Canadian orders are shipping! Any updates on the pdf's? In a cruel twist of fate, I received the pdf for the index before the rule book. I can't help but feel like I'm standing on the shores of an island of ignorance in the midst of a black sea of infinity :P 

I am hanging out for this to arrive on my doorstep up here in Queensland any day now...

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

For me, the best part of the CoC7e Kickstarter bundle is S. Petersen's Field Guide to Lovecraftian Horrors. That thing is so damn sharp that I was blown away by how it looked in print. I'm regretting not getting it in hardcover. Great artwork - a really nice product.

The only thing in my digital downloads is the Rulebook/Handbook Combo Index.  My credit card also hasn't been charged yet.  I am wondering if I am not going to get the PDFs until the physical copy ships.

18 hours ago, Bori said:

The only thing in my digital downloads is the Rulebook/Handbook Combo Index.  My credit card also hasn't been charged yet.  I am wondering if I am not going to get the PDFs until the physical copy ships.

They should send you a code that can be applied at RPGNow once they charge your credit card.  that's how it worked for me.  I thought the link I  was talking about the other day was for the books, sorry I failed my perception roll.

I suspect that the order in which the packages are being sent relates to their location in the spreadsheet sent out by Chaosium with the list of names and addresses. I don't know if it was sorted by Name, Surname, or country so there's probably no way of working out where you are in the order.

It might be that the shippers will tell Chaosium when they have completed their deliveries and someone from Chaosium will announce that. If you haven't received a package or notification by then I'd contact Chaosium for an update with your details.

Nigel

I got mine a week or so here in Australia. I'm absolutely stoked, they were worth the wait.

Sturdy hardcovers with great art, evocative of a low-pulp setting flavour, which reminds me of what I initially liked all those years ago when I saw the CoC 3E hardcover core rulebook (Games Workshop edition), and its nice seeing that again here. More recent editions didn't grab me as much as the old CoC 3E did, however I feel that it has finally been surpassed with this edition.

Easily the best presented english language version of Call Of Cthulhu that I have seen.

Most of the rules changes are a step in the right direction to make the game a little more loose, yet more defined as well. 

My only gripe is that the GM Screen pack has a flimsy paper cover, and that it will be tatty in a few years from now and won't look great in the slipcase. However the easiest solution if this happens is to replace it in the slipcase with the hardcover Peterson's Guide. The screen itself is good quality however, and very useful.

It's good to see Call of Cthulhu presented so well, and I really hope this translates into sales so we can continue to have many CoC 7E products in the years ahead.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

On 5/11/2016 at 8:37 PM, nclarke said:

It might be that the shippers will tell Chaosium when they have completed their deliveries and someone from Chaosium will announce that. If you haven't received a package or notification by then I'd contact Chaosium for an update with your details.

Yes, we'll announce when all deliveries are done. We'll then follow up on anything that has gone astray.

If you're concerned about the status of your order, feel free to email customerservice@chaosium.com

So being all late to the party and such....

Any idea when the books will be available to the distributor?  I have a full array on order and it would be great to have some physical books available while running A Time To Harvest.   

I know that it will be a while, the KS's need to get theirs first.  But a rough guesstimate would be nice ;) 

On 5/19/2016 at 1:55 AM, nclarke said:

A clue as to your location would be nice so that you can get a suitable answer.

Good point :)

For myself I am in Washington State USA.

But I was actually looking for a broader answer since I am guessing I am not the only one out there wanting to bootstrap CoC in their FLGS.

A Target month for Canada, EU, UK, Australia, the US and so on.

End of June or early July for the second boat load of books is what has been mentioned by MOB IIRC. Which probably means maybe July for books in stores in the US unless they keep back a load for Gencon. Some stores may have preordered or been in on the KS so may have books earlier than that.

• Like 1

Nigel

I made my pre order for the two core books last month, and in the last few days have recieved emails from AusPost that the package was in various stages of delivery, and will arrive the day after tomorrow. In short, l wiĺl get my stuff before some Kickstarter backers get theirs, and without the years of angst.