Call of Cthulhu 7e Has Landed (Mostly)

MOB

7 hours ago, Sid Vicarious said:

I made my pre order for the two core books last month, and in the last few days have recieved emails from AusPost that the package was in various stages of delivery, and will arrive the day after tomorrow. In short, l wiĺl get my stuff before some Kickstarter backers get theirs, and without the years of angst. 

I haven't suffered years of angst as a Kickstarter backer. And you're welcome. :-)  I hope you enjoy the books!

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

Hi all,

Recently made my preorder for all five books--does anyone know if the maps included with the Kickstarter that I've been seeing around social media are included in this? Feel like I saw somewhere they were included in the "Keeper Screen Pack" but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Also...hey. First post.

19 minutes ago, noahghola said:

Hi all,

Recently made my preorder for all five books--does anyone know if the maps included with the Kickstarter that I've been seeing around social media are included in this? Feel like I saw somewhere they were included in the "Keeper Screen Pack" but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Also...hey. First post.

Yes, the maps are in the Keeper Screen pack.

And welcome!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matt Ryan said:

Out of curiosity, when did you pre-order? I ordered mine on April 6, and still no word and no books.

The estimated delivery date for preorders was May 2016, with the preorder delivery processing beginning after all the Kickstarter orders were done. Hence people who preordered are starting to get theirs now. But feel free to drop Dustin a line at customerservice@chaosium.com if you want to follow up your where your order is at. 

Edited by MOB

I contacted Dustin this past week and he told me that my shipment would probably ship out at the end of the month or so.  I ordered mine and it was paid for on April 4.  This is a U.S. shipment to Rochester, NY and the shipping company is swamped so it is taking a bit longer than expected.  I just got worried because my digital receipt at the Backerkit site said it was already shipped and had been that way for 3 weeks with no email which was why I emailed Dustin.  Hopefully this may help some people who are wondering about their shipment.  Also this pre-order was for the slipcase containing the rulebook, handbook, and the GM screen.  i don't know if that makes a difference or not. 

I have the PDFs, but some of my players do not care for reading PDFs on their computer, so I am waiting for the hard copies so I can run A Time to Harvest.  I don't want to spend the money to get the PDFs printed out and bound at Staples or the like, that is really expensive.

Edited by sverbridge
content

2 hours ago, sverbridge said:

I have the PDFs, but some of my players do not care for reading PDFs on their computer, so I am waiting for the hard copies so I can run A Time to Harvest.  I don't want to spend the money to get the PDFs printed out and bound at Staples or the like, that is really expensive.

I just started ATtH last night with pre-gens and a copy of the quick-start rules.    I really want the hard-copy's, but......

It was actually pretty cool.  We advertised it as an event at my FLGS.  In the past non-sword swinging RPG's have been the only games that anyone responded to.    I was expecting 4 players or maybe 5 if I was lucky.  We got 9.  Two tables.  It will be 11 next week because two people were out for work and being sick. 

Awesome evening all around :) 

But I really need some hard-copy books....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spence said:

It was actually pretty cool.  We advertised it as an event at my FLGS.  In the past non-sword swinging RPG's have been the only games that anyone responded to.    I was expecting 4 players or maybe 5 if I was lucky.  We got 9.  Two tables.  It will be 11 next week because two people were out for work and being sick. 

Spence--I've been thinking about trying the same thing at my FLGS, but am nervous about the same kind of thing happening. Did you have another keeper to help you with the second table? 

25 minutes ago, noahghola said:

Spence--I've been thinking about trying the same thing at my FLGS, but am nervous about the same kind of thing happening. Did you have another keeper to help you with the second table? 

Brian, one of the owners at the FLGS stepped in and did a crash course and prep for CoC 7 and ATfH.  He ran the second table.   

From the overall response of players in my area, finally seeing organized play support for something other than sword-swingers is hitting the bulls-eye.  The only drawback is the availability of books which I hope will be rectified soon. 

After this, I would definitely recommend having a second Keeper on hot standby :)  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2016 at 0:22 PM, sverbridge said:

I contacted Dustin this past week and he told me that my shipment would probably ship out at the end of the month or so.  I ordered mine and it was paid for on April 4.  This is a U.S. shipment to Rochester, NY and the shipping company is swamped so it is taking a bit longer than expected.  I just got worried because my digital receipt at the Backerkit site said it was already shipped and had been that way for 3 weeks with no email which was why I emailed Dustin.  Hopefully this may help some people who are wondering about their shipment.  Also this pre-order was for the slipcase containing the rulebook, handbook, and the GM screen.  i don't know if that makes a difference or not. 

That's actually very helpful information. I'm here in Ithaca, NY, and expect the same wait or a tad longer as your wait for a Rochester shipment. Thanks.

• Like 1

My preorder got charged on May 31, about a week after I submitted the pre order.  I am under the impression that the charge would happen when the shipping date is close.  Is that true?

Also, I guess I can expect an email with links for the pdfs any day now, right?

On 6/2/2016 at 10:14 AM, Matt Ryan said:

My strategic whining paid off; I just got the tracking information email this morning. Books on the way. Coupled with the RuneQuest leatherette tracking information email, this morning was a good day!

Well, you'll get yours before I get mine.  I am still waiting for the email. Perhaps I'll get mine soon....  *** Update.  I got my email yesterday saying it was shipped out June 2, so I should get my order some time next week then I can start running A Time to Harvest.

Edited by sverbridge
content

On 5/28/2016 at 3:52 PM, Matt Ryan said:

Out of curiosity, when did you pre-order? I ordered mine on April 6, and still no word and no books.

Ordered Keepers/Investigators Guides and Petersen Guide on April 7.  Got shipping notice on May 27.  Books arrived late on June 2 (I'm in Mass.).  Well packed, (box in box with lots of cardboard corners) all arrived in excellent condition.

Edited by jajagappa

I got my slipcase yesterday and just wow, totally impressed.  Not only was it the best packaging I have ever seen, but the slipcase, the books, and the GM Screen are way beyond my expectations.  It was definitely worth every penny I spent.  I cannot wait to start running the Time to Harvest story.  Thank you.

• Like 3

Got my pre-order copies last week and they're gorgeous. The extra packing really protected the book corners, no visible damage at all.

I have to build a community down here in San Antonio, so wish me luck. If anyone has an online game with space for a newbie, I'd live to test drive it before I inflict my game on the masses.