eyraud

Crowd Source Editing: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Rulebook

from the pdfs:

main 7th ed handbook, p41 tribal member occupation skill points EDU x2 + (STR x2 or DEX x2)

investigators handbook, p 91 tribal member occupation skill points EDU x2 + (STR x2 + DEX x2)

i assume the main handbook is correct (tho i could see arguing for a tribal person earning more points in the few skills they do get...)

Edited by Rick Meints
  • Like 2

Investigator Handbook 

(Print and PDF):

1. Page 6, first line - the book is called the "Investigators Handbook" <- the "s" should be removed to coincide with all other references to the book title.

2. Page 176 - title of the table "Period Cars and Trucks" should be in Cthulhu-Cristoforo font ( not the extra curly normal Cristoforo font )

Keeper Rulebook

1. PDF needs rear cover adding

2. Page 16, call-out box - 3rd paragraph, 3rd word - "Sectionn" has two "n"s ( affects both Print and PDF )

Both books suggestion:

Suggest 1st internal page ( with book title and credits ) have both book titles changed to reflect what they are called on the cover and indicia ( and mirroring the cover style ).

i.e. as attached examples:

Investigator Handbook Titlepage.pdf

Keeper Rulebook Titlepage.pdf

Edited by groovyclam
  • Like 2

Petersen Field Guide

Affects PDF only:

Page 28: Flying Polyp has two "Life and Habits" subheadings instead of a "Distribution" one

Page 60: sub-heading "Distinguishing Fire Vampire" - should say "Distinguishing Star Vampire"

Page 96: sub-heading "Distinguishing Great 0nes" - uses zero instead of capital O for "Ones"

Edited by groovyclam

Keeper Rulebook

(Print and PDF)

Page 57: Under "Appraise" skill section -> the subheading "Opposing skill/Difficulty level:" should be in BOLD font.

Edited by groovyclam

Keeper Rulebook

( error in print and PDF ):

Page 327: Under the entry for Tulzscha -> the title of Tulzscha next to its illustration is missing the "s" ( i.e. it is printed as Tulzcha ) - all other references are spelt correctly.

Edited by groovyclam

Petersen Field Guide

Affects PDF only:

Regarding the icons for each entity ( on the left most side of the entry, near the top ) - the icon for Ithaqua is repeating the Hunting Horror's icon from 2 pages previous.

Edited by groovyclam

Keeper Rulebook

Pages 106,107,108

The four headings; Striking the First Blow (Surprise),  Outnumbered,  Ranged and Thrown Weapons,  Escaping Close Combat

are in too small a font. They should have the same size font as the headings Fighting Maneuvers ( before them ) and Armor ( after them ).

Otherwise they are being subsumed into the Fighting Maneuvers section.

The Table of Contents at the front of the book needs updating with these four extra sub-sections after the Fighting Maneuvers entry.

( Thus the headings  Striking the First Blow (Surprise),  Outnumbered,  Ranged and Thrown Weapons,  Escaping Close Combat also need adding to the PDF bookmarks after the bookmark for Fighting Maneuvers )

Edited by groovyclam
  • Like 1

Investigator Handbook

Page 73/74 - The Butler/Maid/Valet occupation has 1 too many occupation skills for point allocation.

The advice by Mike M is to either:

drop Other Language or

reduce the "free pick 2" to "free pick 1"

Edited by groovyclam

As reported on Yog-Sothoth.com:

Keeper Rulebook

Page 117: First sentence:

"Harvey and his two of his friends..."

Should be "Harvey and his two friends..." or "Harvey and two of his friends..."

Page 138, 2nd Colum 2nd Paragraph:

"if a vehicle challenges another vehicle that is 1 build larger that itself"

2nd 'that' should be 'than'

Keeper Rulebook

Page 69, Medicine skill entry, end of second paragraph

"...initially receive successful First Aid to stabilized them before a Medicine roll is made".

should be "stabilize"

pp.. 401, 406: The Hand-to-Hand Weapons table entry for Spear (cavalry lance) on p. 401 has an asterisk indicating a note at the bottom of the table, but no such note is present on p. 406. I assume the missing note says something about use of the lance at the charge; I'd hope the new edition sticks with the RuneQuest rule about letting the lancer use the mount's damage bonus in place of their own (e.g., +3D6 damage for a horseman) when charging.

A per this post:  

Investigator Handbook

Page 71 - Alter the skill list for the occupation Animal Trainer and replace Psychology with Animal Handling

Page 93 - sort of typo - under the occupation Zookeeper skill list  - Animal Handling is down as a subdivision of Art/Craft, but really it is its own skill

Page 93 - design issue - the ink colour of the page number "93" isn't black for some reason and the banner at the top of the page is lighter than the rest of the pages.

Page 96-121 inclusive - design issue - all of the page numbers for Chapter 5 are higher on the page than those of the rest of the book.

Edited by groovyclam

Petersen Field Guide

Affects print and PDF:

Book is called "S. Petersen's Field Guide..." on front and back cover but just "Petersen's Field Guide..." throughout internally.

Suggest removing the "S. " from the front and back cover to standardise, and to match original 1980s versions.

Hi - yes - I'm planning on collating any outstanding corrections later this year and getting them input into the PDF so everyone can redownload it etc. Also pass on the corrections to layout for future print runs. I'll also post up a PDF of the list of corrections for poeple's convenience.

Feel free to nag me around November.

• Like 1

It seems that there is some miscalculations in the credits table : 

Classic

Penniless $0.50 None $0.50
Poor 1 10 2
Average 2 50 10
Wealthy 5 500 50
Rich 20 2000 250
Super Rich 500 5M $5000

Modern

Penniless $10 None $10
Poor 20 200 40
Average 40 1000 200
Wealthy 100 10K 1000
Rich 400 2000 5000
Super Rich $1 million $100 million+ $100,000

As far as I can see, you're using the 1916/2016 inflation rate which is about x20 but the scale are around the same. 

The "rich line" seems to have some mistakes. 

CL CR x 2000($180,000 - $196,000)
MO CR x 2000($36M - $39.2M)

This seems KO. Either the classic table is right and modern should be : CRx400 CRx40 000 5000 ($3.6M - $3.92M)
or the modern estim is ok and then it should be : 
classic : CRx20 CRx20k($1,800,000 - $1,960,000) 250
modern : CRx400 CRx400k($36M - $39.2M) 5000

• Like 1

Thanks groovyclam - in short, there are a few costs awry in the 1920s chapter of the Handbook (they will be corrected to match those in the Weapon Tables). 

On 15/09/2016 at 4:04 PM, Mike M said:

Hi - yes - I'm planning on collating any outstanding corrections later this year and getting them input into the PDF so everyone can redownload it etc. Also pass on the corrections to layout for future print runs. I'll also post up a PDF of the list of corrections for poeple's convenience.

Feel free to nag me around November.

@Mike "Nag, nag, whinge, whine, etc."

Even more nagging -> can we have a PDF of Alone in the Dark with the nice cover to the paper version instead of the "get it out the door!" version ?

Thanks for the errata.

---

But here is some more errata and corrections from the errata-thread on Yog-Sothoth.com that seem to be missing from the Errata-PDF:

Page 146
Right Column
Last Sentence
”Any pursuers who are slower than the slowest fleeing character are left behind, and do not participate in the case.”
Case should be chase.

From the post about the Weapon Section:
- ”The webley revolver is in the weapons list apparently considered both an automatic and a revolver and costs 50$ compared to the 25$ or 30$ costs of those in the reference sheet and has a malfunction of 97 and up compared to the 100 and 99 listed in the reference sheet.” - The price has been fixed in the errata, but not the Malfunction value. Because on page 180 it has a Malfunction value of 97. But on page 251, the entry ”.38 Automatic” (which I guess we should look at since it is a ”Automatic Revolver” and has a capacity of 8 bullets) has a Malfunction value of 99 and since the other version uses a .455 ammunition, I'm not really sure where to look for those values. The ".45 Revolver" seems the closest. But then if we look at the new cost for the weapon, $30-$40, it is probably the ”.45 Automatic” we should look at, but that entry says it has a capacity of 7, but that is not correct since on page 180 it says the .455 version has a capacity of 6. But both the ”.45 Revolver” and ”.45 Automatic” has a Malfunction value of 100. What are the correct entries we should look at for the Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver? And what is the correct Malfunction value?

- ”The 2 barrel shotgun costs $45 in the weapons list but $40 in the reference sheet” - On page 181 the Remington M1889 has a cost of $45, but on page 252 it has a cost of $40.

- ”The vickers is listed as 5k$ in the weapons list and N/A in the reference sheet.” - On page 183 the Vickers has a cost of $5000+, while on page 253 it has a cost of N/A.

---

And here is some new errata and corrections that I found in the Investigator Handbook while looking at the weapon-errata, most of them are minor though:

Page 181
Right Column
Missing a space between M1901 and Shotgun

Page 246
Right Column
Under Firearm Ammunition
The ”.25 Rim Fire” entry, I think that should be changed to ”.25 Rimfire”?
(Same change should then also be made in the Keeper Rulebook on page 398.)

Page 246
Right Column
Under Firearm Ammunition
Missing a space between .45 and Automatic

Page 246
Right Column
Under Firearm Ammunition
For the entry ”12-gauge Double-barrel Shotgun Kit (30”), change ”gauge” to ”Gauge”.
What are the 12-Gauge Single-barrel Shotgun Kit (30”) and 12-gauge Double-barrel Shotgun Kit (30”) for?
These two aren't included in the same list in the Keeper Rulebook, on page 398. But first see the next note.

Page 246
Right Column
Under Firearm Ammunition
When comparing this list to the same list in the Keeper Rulebook, on page 398, the four last entries are not included in the list in the Keeper Rulebook. Though the Keeper Rulebook has a more generic ”Extra Magasin” with a cost of $1.90. I’m thinking that the ”Extra Magazine for 32 Cal Colt Auto” and ”Extra Magazine for Colt 22 Pistol” should be replaced with the more generic ”Extra Magazine” for $1.90 instead.

Page 246
Under Firearm Ammunition
I don’t know if it is intentional, but there are a lot of missing ammunition types in the Firearm Ammunition Cost Table. (Any changes done here should also be made in the same table in the Keeper Rulebook on page 398.

Here is some of missing ones (these types are mentioned on the Firearms pages, 179-183):
.41 rimfire short (For the double-barreled Derringer.)
.22 rimfire
9mm parabellum
.45 (For the Colt Peace Keeper. I don’t know that much about guns, but I’m guessing it uses another type then the .45 ACP?)
7.92mm Mauser
.30-30
.303 British

Page 251
Under Handguns
The entry for .25 Derringer (1B)
Column: Common in Era
Change ”1920a” to ”1920s”
(Same change should also be made in the Keeper Rulebook on page 402.)

Page 251
Under Handguns
The entry for .45 Revolver
Column ”Common in Era”
Change ”1920S” to ”1920s”
(Same change should also be made in the Keeper Rulebook on page 402.)

Page 252
Under Rifles
The entry for .22 Bolt-Action Rifle
Column ”Common in Era”
Change ”1920S” to ”1920s”
(Same change should also be made in the Keeper Rulebook on page 403.)

Page 253
Under Machine Guns
The entry for Model 1882 Gatling Gun
Column ”Common in Era”
Missing a comma between ”1920s” and ”Rare”
(Same change should also be made in the Keeper Rulebook on page 404.)

Page 255
Left Column
The Entry ”1/2, 1/3:”
Maybe also add the ”1/4” cause there are at least 3 weapons that can only be used every fourth round. Then also change the description text.
(Same change should then also be made in the Keeper Rulebook on page 406.)

Page 255
Right Column
Unnecessary space between the entries Garrote and GE Mini-Gun

---

And here is some errata for the current Errata-PDF:

There are two entries for the same thing in the Investigator Handbook section: Page 71 - Animal Trainer. I’m guessing the second one is the more correct one.

The last entry in the Investigator Handbook section has the wrong page number. Change ”Page 2501” to ”Page 250”.

---

I would also appreciate it if we could get all the entries in the Errata-PDF sorted by page number. It would make the errata easier to use.