Necronomicon in Hardback on Lulu!

auyl

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, auyl said:

Ha! Funny thing is if I format one, it is in the public domain so could publish it!

Now that's a good adventure seed. The incredibly seductive, madness-incuding play is perofmred for the entire world on Youtube. Whenever Youtube takes it down, five other people post it again. The result is a maddengly seductive meme that may wreck civilization....

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

In my opinion, the best version in print of the Necronomicon is the one created by Donald Tyson and published by Llewellyn Publications in 2005.  

https://www.amazon.com/Necronomicon-Wanderings-Alhazred-Donald-Tyson/dp/0738706272

It is written as if it is the English translation of Lovecraft's text.  It begins with Olaus Wormius's Prefatory Notes to the text written in 1228, translated from the original Latin.

Next, it has an English translation of Theodorus Philetas, written in 950, "Concerning the Life of Abdul Alhazred".

After those two introductory sections of the English translation of Alhazred's text begins.  It starts with him telling his life and journey of how he came to encounter the Mythos and come to write this text.  

It truly reads like Lovecraft's text.  Having all the appropriate passages that are so famously quoted from it.

A truly brilliant work!

Please roll your and make your Sanity rolls as you read the text!!!

Also, please do NOT read aloud from it! I'm sure if you did, well, we would all read your obituary shortly afterward.