RQ:G character creation tidbit

Yinkin

RuneQuest: Glorantha was playtested at Chimeriades in france, as reported by this blogger: http://2ndage.blogspot.se/2016/05/back-from-chimeriades-v.html

One very interesting tidbit, I thought, was this:

"[You] are encouraged to play a party of characters from a similar background, and the [quite long] character generation is not dissimilar from the Sartar clan generator in HeroQuest, except that each character is similarly created via a long questionnaire, and not the clan or the character party itself."

This sounds very interesting, and I like the idea! Has anyone heard anything more about this? I wonder if there will be separate parts or whole generatiors/life paths for different cultures?

• 1 year later...

I don't have the book but from what I understand the initial focus is on central Genertela, other regions may be detailed in future publications all going well. 

Always a good idea to give player characters common ground, more so in RQ:G where diversity can easily lead to disruptive play, this after all is a recurring theme in the mythology,