RQ Classic Update

MOB

RQ Classic Kickstarter backers: Rick has just posted an update on where things are at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224590870/runequest-classic-edition/posts/1578607?ref=backer_project_update 

TLDR version: After correcting some problems, core rewards are all printed and packed, ready for delivery in US, bulk shipments on way to Canada, UK and Australia.

Here's what they look like:

b3773195027b2482d59522235892ff20_original.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Belgath said:

Have the books started shiping yet?

From the last Kickstarter update it looks like yes and no. The USA distributer has shipped the book to the other (non-USA) distributers around the world. However USA distributer are swamped under with CoC7th Ed and other Kickstarter work which means RQ is having to wait in the queue.

So sometime soon.

42 minutes ago, jongjom said:

... swamped under with CoC7th Ed and other Kickstarter work ...

And of course other customers' shipments; it isn't as if BangPrint is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Moon Design, dedicated exculsively to Chaosium/MD product-shipments!

Apparently Bang has enough stuff on their "to-do" list, and somehow finds the work-load to be so unpredictable, that they are reduced to saying "soon" but unable to provide any firm date(s) as to when they will get to the RQ stuff.   :-(

C'es ne pas un .sig

You haft to be careful The kickstarter Goddess has become a angry, vengeful and fickle creature. She has been raining down destruction on all in her domain. She is become so wicked. That all things promised are doomed to fail, shipping Stopped do closing of the seas , books to be damaged and hopes crushed. At best we can tell this was caused by the Lunar Empire using chaos to twist and distort the KickStarteris. For the The Red Emperor corrupted KickStateris to ruin are Goddess of the Moon Designs. For he knows by stopping then corrupting the Moon's Design. The books holding  precious RuneQuest will never make it to the hands of the heroes that could destroy the Red Emperor.  KickStarteris had already slain Chaosium One of the Moons Champions. But all is not lost for the Moon sacrificed of herself to bring Chaosium back to life.  So for the goddess of the Moon Design  succeed she has to be very careful not to let KickStarteris know her plans. So be patient and guarded for any date stated surly  would bring KickStarteris destruction upon it.

Exciting news: Delivery of RuneQuest Classic for US backers has commenced! And we're airlifting copies to our warehouses in Australia and UK to speed up delivery to backers all around the world.

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 1.28.45 pm.png

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MOB said:

Exciting news: Delivery of RuneQuest Classic for US backers has commenced! And we're airlifting copies to our warehouses in Australia and UK to speed up delivery to backers all around the world.

Update: and the RuneQuest truck is on its way to Canada too!

@MOB -- Thanks for this!  Any word on how many have actually shipped, or when "mass" shipping will begin?

Over on the KS page, lots of folks reported when Bang set the initial notice of "Processed Pending," but only 1 person has reported the product actually SHIPPING (most of us still seem to be stuck in "Processed Pending").

C'es ne pas un .sig

7 minutes ago, g33k said:

@MOB -- Thanks for this!  Any word on how many have actually shipped, or when "mass" shipping will begin?

Over on the KS page, lots of folks reported when Bang set the initial notice of "Processed Pending," but only 1 person has reported the product actually SHIPPING (most of us still seem to be stuck in "Processed Pending").

My understanding is that "mass shipping" has begun (in the US) and we should be getting more opportunities for posts like the one above very, very soon.

Non-US orders will not be far behind - our fulfilment centre in Australia just took delivery of the air-freighted package of RQ goodness, and the UK is due about now too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOB said:

My understanding is that "mass shipping" has begun (in the US) and we should be getting more opportunities for posts like the one above very, very soon.

OK; let me re-phrase that.  For the Bang-shipped orders (for which some oddity/exception (that might interfere with shipment/delivery) does NOT exist)... any idea how long to clear the backlog?  When might "the majority" of us be able to see a change in status, begin following our USPS / etc shipments, and so forth...?  Because as I say:  there is only one person on the KS page speaking up with a shipping-status, and there was previously much reportage of new status from Bang.  So I presume that "shipped" packages are still in the minority... or, for some reason, we in the frothing fandom are suddenly being quiet about how "our products are en route!" ... nah, THAT ain't happening....

C'es ne pas un .sig

22 minutes ago, Vile said:

Still hanging on for my notification from Bang. Does anyone have a website link? My google-fu has failed me.

You are USAian, Vile?  Or in one of the other regions served by BangPrinting?  Note that many areas (Canada, UK/Europe, Australia, etc) are NOT getting their books from Bang!

If you are Bang-serviced (and doesn't THAT sound kinky!), you should have gotten a notice back on 1st/2nd of June; maybe a day or two before or after.  Check spam folder, trash, etc, for e-mail from "fulfillment@bangprinting.com".   There's a link towards the end of that e-mail, which seems to generate a live up-to-date status every time you follow it.  I don't believe a generic Google search can find this sort of live-link, as they are generated on the fly, with each request.

C'es ne pas un .sig

Guest Vile Traveller

I am on a small island in the South China Sea, Bang-servicing is standard practice here I believe. :)

Nothing in the spam folder, unfortunately.

I received my package from Bang Printing today, which was awesome, but unfortunately it doesn't look like I received the right items. Not as awesome. :(

I ordered the Leatherette bundle and the 'regular' bundle, and ended up with the Leatherette and the scenario pack.

20160614_165650.jpg

20160614_165635.jpg

RQ Classic books have arrived this week in QLD Australia - cool !!!

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"