NEWS FROM BACHARACH

Last weekend some backers and contributing authors have assembled at the Eternal Convention in Bacharach, Germany (which I heartily recommend to all our fellow gamers!), played Merrie England and discussed the latest release candidate of Revolution D100. The feedback that I received states that the rules are not yet clear enough.

This is no big surprise. Version 0.5 had been labeled as Release Candidate because it was proposed as a stable, working version of the rules, but it was explicitly submitted to backer scrutiny for comprehensibility. A rewrite of some parts in order to guarantee maximum clarity was mentioned as a possibility in the latest update; it sounds like it might be actually necessary, after all.

As we stated at the beginning of the crowdfunding campaign, “if the backers themselves tell us that another iteration of writing and playtesting is desirable, we will delay delivery to favour quality over rapidity.” I know for sure that there are people out there who are eager to throw money at us to get the finished version of the core rules, or of Merrie England (which is also ready, by the way), but I will remain true to my original promise of delivering only when all feedback says “it is ready”. And at the moment the only feedback I received says to delay deliver in order to do at least one more round of polishing.

While I am at work to take into account the good advice that Zit and Arasmo sent me about how to improve the clarity of the next version of Chapter Three, I urge all backers who have had the time to at least read the rules to give some feedback. A playtest report would be really fantastic, but even a short comment like “It is ok for me” or “I could not understand section XYZ” would provide an invaluable help. As you can see, the development team is taking your feedback and criticism into account, so do not be afraid to make any comments: they will help us, and speed the process of finalizing the game and making it available to the general public.

On a final note, I wish to announce that the next release of the SRD – probably only Chapter Three for this iteration – will be public. Even though I now plan a new iteration, we are indeed getting closer to delivery.

• Like 1

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM