BRP PDF Download Available

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the names of the fonts used in the book?

In Reader, go to File > Properties. It will open a multi-tabbed window. "Fonts" is one of those tabs.

Goudy, Legacy, Palatino, Hobo, Minion, and some various dingbat fonts. I suspect that Palatino is the core text font, and Hobo is the header.

why not? BRP with its hitlocations offers the possiblity to cut off heads and arms as much as you like.

Yeah, what I was trying to get at is: are there any splatteriffic new rules to go with/add to the hit location rules such as those found in Elfquest?>:->

Yeah, what I was trying to get at is: are there any splatteriffic new rules to go with/add to the hit location rules such as those found in Elfquest?>:->

Just the Major Wound Table, but that seems a bit meh to me. I'm intending to do an enhanced version, which may be more like what you want, but not sure I have the time just now.

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Elfquest was splatterpunk?

I need to dig those rules out and have another look!

Seems like a lot of the feeling of that genre would be up to the descriptive/storytelling powers of the GM... and maybe not telling players what the HP measure of damage is, just the effects... "You've got blood in your eyes."

(Re: Major Wound Table)

So how does it look compared to "Zero"?

Text is the same.

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

(Re: Major Wound Table)

Text is the same.

Not exactly.

The text has been proofread.

The missing footnotes for the equipment tables are finally present.

The rules for psychic combat are present.

There are some clarifications and reorganizations.

Not exactly.

I only meant the Major Wound table is unchanged (aside from it's layout on the page) between BRP0 and BRP1.

But while we're on the subject, could we have that list of differences now, please Mr D? :)

Hey,

Figured out why the line was appearing on pg. 331 when I was opening it before: the Foxit Reader I was using. The line doesn't appear when the pdf is opened with Acrobat Reader.

Oh, one odd thing I noticed, was that when I logged back in and went to re-download the pdf (in case the line had happened to just be the result of an earlier faulty upload of the file on the Chaosium site), the option to re-download was not present, and the status on the order itself now reads "Pending Pre-Order". Anyone have any idea what's going on there?

As much as I like the pdf, dear god is Chaosium's online catalog and sales system bloody awful and counter-intuitive

Colin

Creator of Radioactive Ape Designs, award-nominated publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine RPG publications!

Greetings

I decided I couldn't wait for the hardcopy from Amazon so I ordered the pdf (I'll get the hardcopy too especially now I've seen BRP) and Ashes to Ashes.

The Chaosium site worked fine - it's possible they have tweaked it as it was fine - get to the end of the order process, see the pdfs on screen, hit download.

Congratulations to Jason BTW.

Regards

Edward

The rules for psychic combat are present.

Sweet!!

Gotta say I'm looking forward to the book. I'd even buy the PDF except that I really gotta have the physical object when I read it. I sometimes go with PDFs, but that's usually when I can't get the book in physical form.

Something about having it in my grubby hands is just the way I prefer it!

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Sweet!!

Don't get too excited, it's just Spirit Combat renamed. I may have to do some House Rules to beef it up a bit...

In my PDF the descenders in all of the subtitles are chopped off. For example, a lowercare "p" does not show the bottom of the verticle line.

Is everyone else seeing this?

It's not confined to the .pdf. My EZ copy has the same issue.

It's the font itself, as designed.