Original Settings

Now that we are talking sf-settings, does anyone know if someone made a source book or fan-product out of the (very cool) sixth sun-setting from the books of Thomas Harlan (House of Reeds, Wasteland of Flint)? I recently read the books and the background was so colourful and unique, I would love it as a rpg-setting.

No, not in gaming where I see co-operation much more fun than competition.

I think one thing that needs to be done is to arrange for a BRP conversion for the Freeport setting to be written. I think Green Ronin would publish it, it probably needs an approach and an agreement between Chaosium and Green Ronin.

I know that sometimes Chaosium seem lethargic, but they do have a good history of shared settings and co-operation.

Has anyone ever written up an RPG based on Moebius's 'Airtight Garage' setting?

I don't know what kind of audience that has... how many people remember it... and it's not really a particularly rational setting... a lot of infrastructure would have to be filled in... but in my mind it's a good fit for BRP.

I'm not sure how much overlap there is, but the Metabarons RPG was partly inspired by Moebius' work.

Here's an old press release. I've got the core book, GM screen, and universe guide (this last one in .pdf). It's a pretty interesting little game.

I've always wanted to get a hold of the Metabaron's game... I liked the comics and the gamebooks look cool.

The Metabarons are related to the Incal stories, illustrated by Moebius... written by Jodorowsky... there might be some crossover with the Airtight Garage but I don't know of any.

I think the Incal/Metabarons setting is pretty concrete/rational... whereas the Garage is a pretty wacky place... kind of like a science fiction version of Alice In Wonderland.