BRP Overload! What are you doing?

Harshax

Since getting my BRP, I've been avidly jumping back and forth through the PDF. I'm very excited to sit down a draft a campaign or three, but I'm totally stumped! I've got this great toolkit, and tons of ideas, but I can't figure out exactly what to do with it!

So my question for all of you is whether you're kicking off a new game with the compendium, and if so, what are you going to run?

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be playing anything yet, but I do have a couple of things

sitting in wait.

I am compiling all of my Stormbringer notes and houserules, with the goal

of packaging it up in pdf for a few people who have been asking. This

includes some of my old group whom might get to do some Multiversal

romping.

A solid adaptation of Skyrealms of Jorune to BRP.

Maybe work on a BRP Dune and BRP James Bond.

-V

I am compiling all of my Stormbringer notes and houserules, with the goal

of packaging it up in pdf for a few people who have been asking. This

includes some of my old group whom might get to do some Multiversal

romping.

-V

I'd love to see those house rules when you get them compiled.

I'm looking forward to getting a campaign off the ground. It's a combination of Harry Harrison's Eden series mixed with some imperial China. I've also added in a modified version of Puck's Runic Magic.

Keep us posted. I would love to hear how this turns out. I've never read the Eden series but it sound interesting just the same.

294/420

Since my own d100 rules have evolved separately from BRP, they're somewhat different (though broadly similar) in almost every way. So now I'm trying to work out how to integrate as many straight BRP rules as possible, without the players crying "too many changes"!

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Working on episode two of Stupor Mundi, but that is MRQ since it started with MRQ OGL and will continue so. I will make it more compatible with BRP if possible, though.

I am also working on a rule-agnostic system of Gloranthan Third Age magic that can work with both BRP and MRQ (and other d100 games as well). This is basically MRQ magic amended and made compatible with BRP.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Keep us posted. I would love to hear how this turns out. I've never read the Eden series but it sound interesting just the same.

I will keep you posted.

The Eden series is about a world where dinosaurs evolved to become the dominant race and humans are often little more than slaves, or live in fear. In the book, the humans are stone-age tribesmen. I've changed that a bit to make them more in line with the culture found in Three Kingdoms China. At first, I thought it would be too incongruous, but so far it seems to be working.

The magic system, at least used by the humans, is inspired by your runic system. Instead of runes, however, I went with a more totemic system. I also decided that each human can learn spells, regardless of occupation, but are limited in the number that they can have.

Right now, I have one adventure and the magic system on paper. I'll begin working on writing up the human settlements soon. I have two CoC books to turn in to Chaosium first, though.

The magic system, at least used by the humans, is inspired by your runic system. Instead of runes, however, I went with a more totemic system. I also decided that each human can learn spells, regardless of occupation, but are limited in the number that they can have.

Sounds like we are chomping at pretty much the opposite ends of the same rope. I have not really got the magic system hammered down, at least in terminology, but do to suggestions made here on the forum, have decided to use the word "glyphs" instead of runes. I too have totemic glyphs that are used by a non-humans called trogod or simply, goblins.

The China-dinosaur connection sounds:thumb: pretty cool.

294/420

I'd love to see those house rules when you get them compiled.

When I get them into a state that I am comfortable with, I'll make

an announcement. For obvious reasons, I will have to mail them

out directly, or make them available somewhere. I don't think it

would be wise to post the doc here due to licensing issues.

I won't include too much background info, just enough to illustrate

mechanics or where necessary for integration into the rules (such

as character creation/background).

-V

Since my own d100 rules have evolved separately from BRP, they're somewhat different (though broadly similar) in almost every way. So now I'm trying to work out how to integrate as many straight BRP rules as possible, without the players crying "too many changes"!

I'm much in the same boat, along with having a set of Ritual Magic rules that have been "almost done" for a long time. My plan is to convert all the characters into BRP-as-written, and see if I can stand to run by the rules. Sounds much easier than it it -- the problem isn't the players, but my incessant need to fiddle with the rules.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Too close to chia-saurs ...

Which might be interesting ... living terracotta and plant based

dinosaurs ...

-V

Created by militaristic Aldryami no doubt.

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

Inspired by HeroQuest, I toying with the idea of mixing RQII with superpowers. I like the idea of the abilities being switched on at will.

This would be for Rune Levels and would be as the result of Mastery over a Rune or a gift from the god.

Thus Orlanthi could fly, Yelm and Zorak Zorani would have Fire powers etc.

Not really sure how it would work out, or whether I need to super the antagonists too.

I have a lot of thinking to do.

Likes to sneak around

115/420