Mythras Imperative Now Available

lawrence.whitaker

6 hours ago, groovyclam said:

@Loz - Hi, I've just had my postie bring my Lulu copy of Imperative but sadly it's got the few goofs and typos in it.

Have you revised the Lulu PDF internals upload file to the "fixed" version yet, so that if I do a reorder I'll get a "fixed" dead-tree version ?

Cheers.

Yes, it's all updated on Lulu.

• Like 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

8 hours ago, threedeesix said:

I designed the vehicles, it was me, I designed them. I take credit on the vehicles. :D

A well deserved credit indeed. :)

The way you designed the vehicles provides precisely the informations required for the game, very nice compared to the information overkill created the unnecessary higher mathematics of many other systems, worst of all GURPS Vehicles.

Edited by rust
explanation
  • Like 1

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Just browsing my Lulu copy of Mythras and I realised there are 3 sides of whitespace at the end of the booklet ( because of the multiple of 4 page count for hardcopies ).

Would it not be a good idea to use up these 3 sides by listing some more creatures? Adding in a few of the standard fantasy tropes ( orc, elf, dwarf, dragon ) and something else sci-fi ( maybe a space marine/stormtrooper analogue )?

Edited by groovyclam

9 minutes ago, groovyclam said:

Just browsing my Lulu copy of Mythras and I realised there are 3 sides of whitespace at the end of the booklet ( because of the multiple of 4 page count for hardcopies ).

There are no whitespace pages in the PDF, and to have something printed on the whitespace pages of the hardcopy would require another electronic file. I doubt that this would be worth the effort for such a small booklet as Mythras Imperative, and I am not convinced that a different content of PDF and hardcopy would be a welcome idea.

However, just my thoughts.

• Like 1

(Charlie Chan)

57 minutes ago, groovyclam said:

Would it not be a good idea to use up these 3 sides by listing some more creatures? Adding in a few of the standard fantasy tropes ( orc, elf, dwarf, dragon ) and something else sci-fi ( maybe a space marine/stormtrooper analogue )?

We actually have no control over this. Most POD printers add 2-3 blank pages at the end of the file. Our booklet is sized to 32 internal pages (which is divisible by 4, 8 and 16, the signatures required for offset publishing), but Lulu would still add additional pages if we expanded the file to 33, 34, 36 (or whatever).

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

I was going to say you were wrong then ( as my printed copy of of "Xenomorph" is on "Page 33" ) but I've realised it's because the first released PDF (with the goofs etc.) had stuff from page 15 repeated on page 16 and thus made the PDF a 33 page document.

Guess I'll have to order a fixed copy...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Vile Traveller

You might like to note that there's a Lulu sale with free shipping - so 2 copies of Mythras Imperative are now on their way to me, or at least they're on their way to being printed! :D

Enter code SHIPSAVE16 at checkout to save 15% on all print books and get free mail shipping. This offer ends July 31st. Remember, coupon codes are CASE-SENSITIVE.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love the new character sheet. I'm not a fan, personally, of the scratch areas for tracking MP, Hit Points, etc, but I know that is traditional to BRP layouts. 

I also very much like that the character generation flows like Magic World.

Edited by Harshax

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

There's a typo under Combat Style Traits:

Daredevil May use the Evade skill to  blows in hand to hand combat without ending up prone

There appears to be a double space between "Evade skill to" and "blows in hand to hand" implying a omitted word?

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

Guest Vile Traveller

The kids have arrived. Now just waiting for daddy.

Mythras%2BImperative.jpg

Interestingly I have no white pages in my copies. The print is clear enough, though not really, really black - I've had worse from Lulu, and also better, I guess there will always be variation with their use of multiple fulfillment printers. The cover looks gorgeous. I'll know once I try running Luther Arkwright with it how much more of the full version I'll need, but I hope these will serve as player references at the table. Good job getting it down to 32 pages with a clear layout and font - but I definitely need my reading glasses at these font sizes! :P

Edited by Vile

3 hours ago, Vile said:

... but I definitely need my reading glasses at these font sizes! :P

Well, as long as the content is worth the effort and I do not need a microscope ... :)

(Charlie Chan)

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2018 at 11:39 AM, chiisu81 said:

Just compared the file from DTRPG with the one from The Design Mechanism website, and they're the exact same...

Page-count and filesize are pretty coarse measures of "exact same"ness...   But maybe (other than name) they really ARE the same.

Maybe it's a policy thing...  Does anyone know if DTRPG has taken other freebie PDF's and renamed them from "TitleOfProductCOMPANYACRONYM" to "TitleOfProductDRIVETHRURPGACRONYM"?

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 1 month later...
On 17/06/2016 at 10:35 PM, rust said:

I really like the approach of Mythras Imperative, actually I like it so much that I have now also converted my Thalassa science fiction campaign to the Mythras system. It worked rather well, only a few skills needed minor changes, and most of the science fiction careers had to be designed. Well, and now I am looking forward even more to Mythras and its supplements. :)

I agree on the Luther Arkwright suggestion. I basically use it for a Steampunk campaign. 

You might want to take a look at M-Space as well, this is a science fiction setting with a lot of useful ideas. 

• Like 2