Free RPG adventure, The Derelict

daddystabz

As typical, the craptastic gaming stores where I live are not participating in Free RPG Day 2016 so I have no ability to get the adventure for CoC 7, The Derelict.  I heard that Chaosium will be making it available in PDF form eventually, I'm assuming for the Cult of Chaos peeps.  However, I really want a physical copy as well.  Anyone know if any retailer will be selling copies?

9 hours ago, Pestigor said:

I don't think they're allowed to sell copies...

The Free RPG Day rules are that print and/or PDF versions of the product will not be disseminated anywhere else until July 1st.

Accordingly, we'll be offering Cult of Chaos members the PDF free on July 1st.

We have a very limited number of print copies left and will be using them as convention giveaways. For example, we'll be giving physical copies to everyone who GMs Call of Cthulhu at Gen Con.

15 hours ago, daddystabz said:

However, I really want a physical copy as well.  Anyone know if any retailer will be selling copies?

We may make a version available as a POD product down the track, probably via Lulu or DTRPG. 

Chaosium didn’t participate in Free RPG day to create a collectable or scarce scenario only available to a small subset of our fans (we did it to show our support for bricks & mortar game stores all over the world!). But we appreciate that some people went to a FLGS on the day, only to find all the copies of Sandy Petersen's 'The Derelict' had been snapped up. And many of you simply aren't in an area with a participating local game store.

So, if you really want a copy of 'The Derelict', this is what we can do: http://bit.ly/1V9CHgp

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1

I'm definitely printing one via Lulu... but it would have been nice if my local game store had ordered some of the Free RPG Day goodies so I could have picked one up for free. 

I ran a short demo adventure I wrote on Free RPG Day at the game store. The folks working at the store were super nice, despite the failure to have the goodies. Anyone visiting the Kansas City area must check out TableTop Games and Hobby. Like a bone-head, I forgot my dice, so I attempted to buy a small set of dice I cherry-picked out of a couple of dice buckets, and they gave me the dice and a Dr. Pepper for free because I was running a game on Free RPG Day. Totally classy and excellent people both work at and patronize TableTop in Overland Park, Kansas. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2016 at 11:28 AM, daddystabz said:

As typical, the craptastic gaming stores where I live are not participating in Free RPG Day 2016 so I have no ability to get the adventure for CoC 7, The Derelict. 

fwiw: I live in an area with large, wonderful, popular, well supplied game stores that always participate Free RPG Day, and I was the second person in the door... but I still missed out (my fingers were mere inches away from grabbing the one available copy). But I was ok with that because:

• The one item that the first guy in the door chose was the CoC adventure (which bodes well for our hobby!)
  • The game store staff/owners evidently valued the other copy they obtained too!
  • I already have lots of CoC adventures (and I'd rather have other players brought into the hobby)
  • I knew I could eventually get a pdf copy of this one (thanks Chaosium!)

Later, I was further delighted to learn that we could order print copies as well. Way to go Chaosium!

Edited by mvincent
  • Like 1