Hope Chaosium gets Runequest Roll20 ready

Pentallion

I would really love to see you guys at Chaosium find someone who can create character sheets for Roll20 and have that ready for when you release Runequest.  I'm pretty sure Jeff, Rick and Greg know what Roll20 is, but for those who don't, it's an excellent way to play roleplaying online.  You can easily lay down maps, do miniatures, have character sheets that do a lot of the calculating for you.  It's really handy and really professionally done.  It's free, though you can, as I did, buy a membership and you gain special lighting that only allows the players to see what their characters can see.  Extra work for me as the GM, but I will be renewing my membership next year, it's worth it.

Roll20 is really gathering a lot of roleplayers and having a Runequest character sheet available would really bring attention to the system and Glorantha. 

And, of course, my little play group would be forever thankful :)

Edited by Pentallion
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pentallion said:

I would really love to see you guys at Chaosium find someone who can create character sheets for Roll20 and have that ready for when you release Runequest... 

Roll20 is really gathering a lot of roleplayers and having a Runequest character sheet available would really bring attention to the system and Glorantha. 

We intend to have the new RQ available on both Roll20 and Fantasy grounds.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

There is a good sheet for RQ6 Mythras. Starting a new fork on gethub to make a RQ2.5 Version  can be done by having pro roll20 account. I can make updates to the sheet but would to know all the applicable information. Now it took me a long time to get RuneQuest as a play type on Roll20, now unless they have changed things the only way a new system can be added to the tag list is having enough games running to justify it. If I can be any help let me know.

On June 24, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Pentallion said:

I would really love to see you guys at Chaosium find someone who can create character sheets for Roll20 and have that ready for when you release Runequest.  I'm pretty sure Jeff, Rick and Greg know what Roll20 is, but for those who don't, it's an excellent way to play roleplaying online.  You can easily lay down maps, do miniatures, have character sheets that do a lot of the calculating for you.  It's really handy and really professionally done.  It's free, though you can, as I did, buy a membership and you gain special lighting that only allows the players to see what their characters can see.  Extra work for me as the GM, but I will be renewing my membership next year, it's worth it.

And, of course, my little play group would be forever thankful :)

As Pentallion stated. It is a Great way to introduce the system. I could easily set up a one shot to introduce new people to RQ2. I have all the published works for RQ2 so if there anything Chaosium would like me to run I would be happy to. I jest recently joined the Cult of Chaos so I had been setting up a campaign to run there new scenario they just released. But would be more then happy to run RQ2 instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Really happy to hear about the Fantasy Grounds support. My FG BRP ruleset has served in a pinch for various d100 games (Magic World mostly), but it'd be great to have a ruleset that actually takes advantage of the most recent version of Fantasy Grounds -- mostly comes down to extension support and some UI and UX improvements.

I have a pull request in for a BRP character sheet now. There is a Stormbringer character sheet up there already, but for some reason it is located under the B's. It should be useable as  a Runequest 3 sheet as there is an option for hit locations.

Edited by waltshumate
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2016 at 4:21 PM, waltshumate said:

The BRP character sheet is available on Roll20.

Unfortunately, BRP uses different headings than RQ does.  For instance, there's nothing for Stealth. 

It would be nice if whoever is making the new RQ character sheet didn't wait until the game came out next year.  Those of us playijng RQ NOW could sure use a character sheet.

I know that there is a RQ2 extension that somebody wrote for BRP in Fantasy Grounds. That said, if you use Roll20 because it's free then, FG isn't going to be what you're looking for -- additional rulepacks and the software itself can get spendy.

Edited by Nick J.

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Pentallion said:

Been trying to get a RQ 3 or a RQ 2 sheet made on Roll 20 but to no avail.  BRP really is suboptimal in many ways.  RQ 6 sheet obviously is too alien to use at all for RQ 3.  Really wish you guys would get RQ 4 sheets up soon.

They'd actually need to get a RQ4 rules set published first, I'd think?  Pretty sure you need the horse before the cart.