The Coming Storm errata

Mark Mohrfield

ok, since this thread has veered off into all sorts of directions, including unnecessary suggestions on alternative phrasing, I'm going to start a new thread for rules errata for The Coming Storm. In it, I will attempt to keep the initial thread up to date with the complete list of rules-specific errata (so things like stats that are wrong, or wording that is important rules-wise) for the book, to make it easy to quickly find what we know is wrong.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Bohemond said:

Ashwater Falls seems like it should be marked on the map on p. 29, but is not, so it's unclear where it is located on the Heort Creek. Also, on p. 28, under Brightwater, there is a reference to 'the bloodline' that does not specify which bloodline is referred to. 

The bloodline should be the Osmanning

Ashwater falls should be between the Stagland Sour and Wandle Bog

• 1 year later...

I have a few questions as I prepare for running The Eleven Lights campaign, from slowly reading through The Coming Storm.

On page 11, it states that there are about 1500 people in the Red Cow clan, 830 adults (134 elders) and the rest children. There are six bloodlines, with the following approximate number of adults: 150, 100, 100, 60, 60, 60. Each bloodline additionally has about 12 elders. So what about the other 230 adults?

On page 21 it says that there are three gates to Red Cow Fort, with two gates leading to the river - a main gate to the northeast and a narrower access to the southeast. The map on page 23 shows the two gates near the river both on the northwest side of the fort, and it looks like one has to go through both to get from the river to inside the fort (or go through one and then round to the landward gate. Is there a gate that isn't shown on the map, or are the compass directions wrong?

On page 21 the Heort Creek where the ferry runs is some 80 feet wide. This doesn't appear to be shown on the map on page 23, but the creek depicted there is always well over 500 feet wide, so it seems unlikely that it suddenly narrows so much just a little to the west or east. Since 500 feet is much greater than anything I'd describe as a creek, is it not drawn to scale? Is anything not drawn to scale on the map?

• 4 months later...

On p. 133, Jogar Sog is described this way: "His mother was Vorena the Rattle, the daughter of KostajorWolf-Champion. Her siblings are the Helkos Brothers. As such,Black-Paws is his uncle and Kostajor his great-uncle." That means that Kostajor is his grandfather, not his grand-uncle.

• 11 months later...
13 hours ago, jrutila said:

Where is the Stagland Sour? I can't seem to find it in the map at all. Is it part of Long Marsh? Or is Wandle's Bog part of Stagland Sour?

Nevermind, I found it. It is part of the Long Marsh. It is easier to spot from the physical book than from the pdf.