Quackatoa

FAMOUS DUCKS OF THE HERO WARS!

Hi, all!

Well, this thread's been up for three years and it's been a good run! There've been some really fun posts and I'm grateful for the interactions. But I'll probably draw my contributions to a close in the form of this thread. Please continue if you'd like (don't mind me)!

One thing I would say, though:

Glorantha's ducks are, for the most part, little more than a superficial shibboleth; a fairly shallow badge of tribal belonging; the sign that doesn't really signify anything. But occasionally, if we let them, they become more interesting. Try and focus on telling those rarer stories if you can. They pay off in the end. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On 8/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, Rick Meints said:

Greg Stafford said his original inspiration for ducks was Uncle Scrooge drawn by Carl Barks, with a bit of Howard the Duck thrown in.

Interesting—Howard the Duck was definitely the model for my duck, right down to the definite article for a middle name.

1084561146_ScreenShot2019-08-17at19_07_19.jpg.0873354dd6caad5be41a6afd5dcb5558.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Quackatoa said:

Well, this thread's been up for three years and it's been a good run! There've been some really fun posts and I'm grateful for the interactions. But I'll probably draw my contributions to a close in the form of this thread. Please continue if you'd like (don't mind me)!

Quackatoa, ya taught me how to put together a great thread with this one, not that I learnt anything, but that would be my fault, not yours. Hope you have more to say on the Ducks of the Hero Wars, famous or otherwise in the future.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2019 at 6:12 PM, Travern said:

Interesting—Howard the Duck was definitely the model for my duck, right down to the definite article for a middle name.

1084561146_ScreenShot2019-08-17at19_07_19.jpg.0873354dd6caad5be41a6afd5dcb5558.jpg

Despite his modern trappings could certainly see Gerber & Kirby's  Destroyer Duck as a model for a Durulz Uroxi. Heck, he's fought both zombies and Medea (of all people), and the parasitic spine thing is a Chaos horror if ever there was one.

20417-3167-22778-1-destroyer-duck.jpg

• Like 1