Runequest Live Gameplay Audio?

Carcosa

I don't have the chance to play Runequest in Glorantha right now, but I was looking for some audio of actual gameplay to listen to. Couldn't find it anywhere. If you are currently playing now and have the ability, maybe someone could record their game sessions and upload them to archive.org for free. If not I might get a game running eventually and put the recording up myself. If so I will provide a link to it here.

I don't have much experience in running a game in Glorantha but I have the Guide and a number of other supplements. Might try running Griffin Mountain again.

Sean

• Like 2

You have a thirding here too! Pod-casts or even videos of roleplaying games can be very instructive and thought provoking. They can offer insights which you can't get through books and PDF's or websites. It can challenge the local orthodoxies which I assume we all tend to fall in to when we game with the same folk for years or when we bring new players into our own interpretation of an RPG or a setting. Another benefit is the popularization of the game system or the game world. Chaosium and BRP might do very well to explore this dimension of the hobby. One need only look at the resurgence of D&D in the wake of pod-casts and video/streaming shows focused on actual game sessions to see that this is a powerful marketing tool to bring the hobby and a company's products to new audiences with an appetite to play and disposable income to spend. Thus live roleplaying pod-casts and videos/streaming could be very good for both those interested in playing the hobby and those interested in selling the hobby. Thank you Carcosa for this excellent suggestion and Kim for your seconding. This is most welcome!

Cheers and good gaming.

Evilroddy.

• Like 1

While I can't offer up any podcasts or videos, if you want to browse some narrative Glorantha/HQG examples in PbF format, you can have a look at either my Orlmarth/Colymar campaign starting at: https://rpggeek.com/thread/1204787/ic-heroquest-glorantha-colymar-campaign-2-orlmarth (and continuing on across 5 other threads over the past 2 years)

or my Nochet campaign at: https://rpggeek.com/thread/1499941/ic-heroquest-glorantha-nochet-campaign-pt-1  (now into its 2nd thread/session). 

Pacing/timing in a PbF is obviously different than in a live session and allows for more thought-out vs. spur-of-the-moment response, but mechanics for HQG work the same.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jajagappa said:

While I can't offer up any podcasts or videos, if you want to browse some narrative Glorantha/HQG examples in PbF format, you can have a look at either my Orlmarth/Colymar campaign starting at: https://rpggeek.com/thread/1204787/ic-heroquest-glorantha-colymar-campaign-2-orlmarth (and continuing on across 5 other threads over the past 2 years)

or my Nochet campaign at: https://rpggeek.com/thread/1499941/ic-heroquest-glorantha-nochet-campaign-pt-1  (now into its 2nd thread/session). 

Pacing/timing in a PbF is obviously different than in a live session and allows for more thought-out vs. spur-of-the-moment response, but mechanics for HQG work the same.

If you ever need an additional player in your Nochet campaign, hit me up. I have no time to run or play any RPGs face to face at the moment, so a PbF would feel great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...