Options VS Character Sheet

It is a bit of a bummer to think that my BRP characters are never going to have a real pretty character sheet. For example: I do not want a hit location chart, depending on the game I may or may not want an EDU stat, and the exact skill list is going to vary by game as well. If I want something pretty, I'm going to have to learn how to make PDFs I guess.

Blessed Be,

)O( Mike )O

http://web.mac.com/boghouse/iWeb

"So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"

~You've Got Mail (1998 film)

I have made an OpenOffice.org spreadsheet that allows you to fill the stats and skills in very easily. It can be exported as a PDF via OpenOffice, which is a free multi-platform program, or used on your PC/Mac for online games. Let me test it a bit and I'll post it here.

As a spreadsheet, you can easily tailor it to your needs. I have already made a RQ3-like version with locations and spells, but you can change it very easily.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

But how will it look when it's printed off? That's my concern, right down to the underlined spot where skill percentages go, etc...

I look forward to seeing it. Thanks for the offer.

Blessed Be,

)O( Mike )O

http://web.mac.com/boghouse/iWeb

"So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"

~You've Got Mail (1998 film)

It is a bit of a bummer to think that my BRP characters are never going to have a real pretty character sheet. For example: I do not want a hit location chart, depending on the game I may or may not want an EDU stat, and the exact skill list is going to vary by game as well. If I want something pretty, I'm going to have to learn how to make PDFs I guess.

A clever fellow over on Dragonsfoot.org used Adobe to create an old school 1st edition D&D Character Sheet for Castles & Crusades. By using Layers, he was able to swap elements in and out.

Don't want Hit Locations? Uncheck the Layer, now you have space for a Portrait.

Want to Include EDU in the stat block? That Layer is placed over the one without EDU.

I have Adobe 6, but lack the time or expertise to do something like this rapidly. Maybe I'll give it an experimental go over the weekend.

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

For my people, after I have sacrificed much to the wood pulp god, I come up with a slick, made to order character sheet, specific to class and race using the Microsoft Word program and, via liberal and laborious used of the Tables and Text Box options, add some decorative "ancient" looking fonts, and then the paste-de-resistor...I print it in my own little HP printer using color-specific-to-class parchment paper. :D

Oooo...Ahhhh...Ohhhh...Te-he-he! :cool:

Thing that sucks is that most players in my group have lap-tops and one yay-hoo created a Exel spread sheet, shared the wealth and now they all use 'lectronic sheets rather than hard-copy. Bastards! ;-(

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

A clever fellow over on Dragonsfoot.org used Adobe to create an old school 1st edition D&D Character Sheet for Castles & Crusades. By using Layers, he was able to swap elements in and out.

Don't want Hit Locations? Uncheck the Layer, now you have space for a Portrait.

Want to Include EDU in the stat block? That Layer is placed over the one without EDU.

I have Adobe 6, but lack the time or expertise to do something like this rapidly. Maybe I'll give it an experimental go over the weekend.

Shall we petition the MadIrishman to do it?

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

• 4 weeks later...

For my people, after I have sacrificed much to the wood pulp god, I come up with a slick, made to order character sheet, specific to class and race using the Microsoft Word program and, via liberal and laborious used of the Tables and Text Box options, add some decorative "ancient" looking fonts, and then the paste-de-resistor...I print it in my own little HP printer using color-specific-to-class parchment paper. :D

Oooo...Ahhhh...Ohhhh...Te-he-he! :cool:

Thing that sucks is that most players in my group have lap-tops and one yay-hoo created a Exel spread sheet, shared the wealth and now they all use 'lectronic sheets rather than hard-copy. Bastards! ;-(

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

But they now have to worry about the evil Demon, computer crash sucking their character into Limbo