Why Legend?

DreadDomain

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that the three supplements I sent to Mongoose will, one day, see the light of day. Their aim was to present a unified setting in which one could enjoy play.

The supplements were a new Arcania of Legend, a new City of Legend ... and an Adventure, set in that City of Legend.

We shall see, eh?

• Like 3

Author of Fioracitta for Mythras and the 2d6 SFRPG setting of Castrobancla.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll keep slogging on my Traveller stuff for now, and then if I start seeing movement on the Legend front I'll start putting together more new material for that, too.

But with High Guard 2e coming out very soon - possibly a matter of a day, singular - there might be more movement on the other books in that seemingly interminable queue, including Paranoia and Legend releases.

Edited by Alex Greene

Author of Fioracitta for Mythras and the 2d6 SFRPG setting of Castrobancla.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Mongoose do not give up from Legend. But, since Pete and Loz are no more working on it and, i believe there are no one leading it in Mongoose anymore, there is a serious risk. I like Legend because it is MRQ I and MRQ II good revision, because it is just $1.00 PDF (i bought it), because it is OGL (so i can translate to my language and work on it for free), and because all material published for Legend is very good.

Edited by Nerun
  • Like 1

I was introduced to Legend by way of RQ6.  I really wanted to get into all the niggling details of Animism.  Some of the information was easy to grasp, some of it was a little foggy for my primitive brain cells to piece together in a way that made sense.  So, someone suggested (don't remember if it was Pete or Loz) Legend Spirit Magic.

The lights came on after I read the entirety of the book and I had reached clarity.  Since then, I've been using Legend supplements for clarification and to mine for ideas.  Legend is a great system, but Mythras is definitely a more elegant evolution of the d100 clan of games systems.  And, now with special effect cards, I just can't see myself using another system.  Those cards are slick! ^_^

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

To me, it's never been a question of Legend OR RQ6/Mythras, not anymore than it is a question of Mythras OR the BGB, Bloodlust, RQG, Maelstrom Domesday, Unknown Armies 2e and Revolution d100, for example. I'm going to run a mix of them all in the end, anyway, possibly mixed with other d100 systems as well.

Speaking of which, are the Legend Stormbringer supplements no longer available, or is it just me who can't find them on RPGNow?

• Like 1

They're no longer available.

On 10/04/2017 at 7:45 PM, AsenRG said:

To me, it's never been a question of Legend OR RQ6/Mythras, not anymore than it is a question of Mythras OR the BGB, Bloodlust, RQG, Maelstrom Domesday, Unknown Armies 2e and Revolution d100, for example. I'm going to run a mix of them all in the end, anyway, possibly mixed with other d100 systems as well.

Speaking of which, are the Legend Stormbringer supplements no longer available, or is it just me who can't find them on RPGNow?

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

• 2 weeks later...

"Speaking of which, are the Legend Stormbringer supplements no longer available, or is it just me who can't find them on RPGNow?" It looks like they've been discontinued on other RPG selling websites as well.  Probably to do with the licencing lapsing. :(

Edited by Conrad
  • Like 1
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

On 24/04/2017 at 0:28 PM, Conrad said:

"Speaking of which, are the Legend Stormbringer supplements no longer available, or is it just me who can't find them on RPGNow?" It looks like they've been discontinued on other RPG selling websites as well.  Probably to do with the licencing lapsing. :(

No they've been discontinued. I'd guess due to licensing but couldn't say with any authority.

• Like 1

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

10 hours ago, HorusArisen said:

No they've been discontinued. I'd guess due to licensing but couldn't say with any authority.

As far as I know, the license is now in the hands of a french company, le Département des Sombres Projets.

They realised a game named "Mournblade" in 2012, but they only published 4 supplements for it, and nothing since 2015.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HorusArisen said:

No they've been discontinued. 

I wrote "looks like they've been discontinued on other RPG selling websites as well.  Probably to do with the licencing lapsing." So your reply makes no sense. Please read what I have written before you reply to it. 

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

I wrote "looks like they've been discontinued on other RPG selling websites as well.  Probably to do with the licencing lapsing." So your reply makes no sense. Please read what I have written before you reply to it. 

In my endeavour to be politely helpful I read your post too briefly/quickly, something I'm sure you've never done.

I'll avoid bothering in the future as I'm sure my single sentence was a chore to read.

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

27 minutes ago, HorusArisen said:

In my endeavour to be politely helpful I read your post too briefly/quickly, something I'm sure you've never done.

Of course not, as Conrad is perfect ...

I'll avoid bothering in the future as I'm sure my single sentence was a chore to read.

Keep posting, some people complain about everything.

• Like 4

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

10 hours ago, HorusArisen said:

you did a fine job of answering his question, of which there was one.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2017 at 5:46 PM, HorusArisen said:

Looks like you didn't even read my reply at all before you posted "No they've been discontinued." But you don't need my permission to reiterate what I've already written, nor do you need Soltakss's either. As for salty Soltakss saying that I'm not perfect I never said I was, so please stop straw manning Solty. It amounts to telling lies.