Guide to Glorantha reprint news

Steve

We will announce the start of pre-orders via a number of social media outlets, including our Ab Chaos newsletter distributed via Mailchimp, G+ Glorantha and Chaosium groups, here on BRP Central, a banner on the Chaosium website, the Chaosium FB page, the Chaosium twitter account, and similar.

Once we know the Guide is on the ships that will take it to our fulfillment warehouses in Australia, the UK, and the US pre-orders will start, most likely in October. Pre-orders will stay open for about one month, depending on how the sales go. 

Sadly, we have no idea which, if any, distributors and Game Shops might carry this book set. It is not the kind of item that Game Stores usually like to stock due to it costing more than many other RPG products. The Guide Set, which will be in a custom made shipping carton, will weigh 15 pounds (almost 7 kilos). Brick and mortar game stores will be able to order it directly from Chaosium.

Edited by Rick Meints
  • Like 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more news this from Rick Meints at the "Quo Vadis, Chaosium?" seminar at The Kraken, 8th October 2016 :

The Guide will be shipping from the printers (to fulfillment warehouses) in about two and a half to three weeks.

The same books will be present, but will be in a new 50th anniversary of Glorantha slipcase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

The Guide will be shipping from the printers (to fulfillment warehouses) in about two and a half to three weeks. The same books will be present, but will be in a new 50th anniversary of Glorantha slipcase.

What, oh now I'm really jealous. I previously ended up getting two copies of the G2G, and now it comes in a slipcase. Typical!

• Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

@Soccercalle I believe it is now essentially out of Chaosium's hands.  The printer may decide to prioritize a higher-profit print-job, shippers may experience labor-shortages or weather-stoppages, etc etc etc.  These are all a bit unpredictable & entierly uncontrollable -- and outside Chaosium's expertise (I presume they don't have professional printer-folk on-staff, or logistical-shipping experts, etc).

They have told us what they know so far; I doubt any further info is available at the moment, and I presume they are as eager to announce "printing done, shipping next" as we are to hear that news...

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 11/4/2016 at 8:33 PM, TRose said:

So when I can I send you my money?

On 9/28/2016 at 11:05 AM, Rick Meints said:

Once we know the Guide is on the ships that will take it to our fulfillment warehouses in Australia, the UK, and the US pre-orders will start, most likely in October. Pre-orders will stay open for about one month, depending on how the sales go. 

On 11/4/2016 at 6:57 PM, Rick Meints said:

The pallets of books will be loaded onto a ship literally any day.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

OK just got my Magic book out and want to know how much free Int  people can loan me .

Im hoping one of us is within 5242 km of the boat(19 int for distance) and the time needed is two week(11 free Int). All other free int will be used to cast Haste on the ship to speed it along.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, Rick Meints said:

So I guess it's Pre-ordering Time now?

• Like 2

On 11/9/2016 at 11:17 AM, Rick Meints said:

The ship carrying the Guide to the USA is named OOCL GENOA.

The ship carrying the Guide to Australia is named XIN YANTIAN

I do not have the UK bound ship name just yet.

OOCL GENOA has left Taiwan --  https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9613587

I am not finding comparable info for the XIN YANTIAN, sorry!    :-(

C'es ne pas un .sig